BMC CDA Airfilter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chewkies

Club Guest
Hi, Just got a bmc cda airfilter and realize in cold start engine idle is around 500 rpm. Usually was at 800 rpm with a K&N open pod. But engine sounds like its dying...this goes away after drive...Anybody got any ideas?Thanks

Wash the filter with tap water thoroughly ... it might be that during idle somehow not enough air is coming in or possibly even a vacuum leak u might want to check your MAF is properly secure and is in correct position ... any pics of your engine bay with the bmc?

was there oil on the filter or is it new...

usually the filter oil clogs up the air mass sensor... carefull about touching the air mass, cause the hot film wire in it is very fragile...

There would be 1 more solution..., Did you install the intake at the proper end ?

pussy;390695 said:
was there oil on the filter or is it new...

usually the filter oil clogs up the air mass sensor... carefull about touching the air mass, cause the hot film wire in it is very fragile...

Thanks pussy. Don't know that yet but will have it checked when Ray Auto opens...sigh...that's next week Tuesday.:rolleyes:

Soundman;390696 said:
There would be 1 more solution..., Did you install the intake at the proper end ?

Hi Soundman,

Yups i purposedly marked the direction just in case...anyone know any good BMW mechanic open this week?

diff reading from the sensor perhaps ..
go for a 10-20 mins spin and see whether the ECU will 're-learn' ..

Use to run BMC back then .. Sounds like V-tec when I took out the front hose ie direct intake :top:..

Now - let me see who sold it to me... hmmmm ..:rolleyes:
clue - WJ Felix :eek:

535i;390924 said:
diff reading from the sensor perhaps ..
go for a 10-20 mins spin and see whether the ECU will 're-learn' ..

Use to run BMC back then .. Sounds like V-tec when I took out the front hose ie direct intake :top:..

Now - let me see who sold it to me... hmmmm ..:rolleyes:
clue - WJ Felix :eek:

Thanks for the tip but that's what i did. Still think something is wrong. It happens when cold start.
Anyways, did you enjoy the power difference?my car sounds much better now...hahah

chewkies;390928 said:
Thanks for the tip but that's what i did. Still think something is wrong. It happens when cold start.
Anyways, did you enjoy the power difference?my car sounds much better now...hahah

no power diff, really .. I even did a dyno - just to be sure ..

but the sound is nice .... :top:

In the pics there is a long cylinder with an arrow on it ... what is that? and i don't see your MAF sensor? sori i just know E46 MAF only hehe :D

535i;390932 said:
no power diff, really .. I even did a dyno - just to be sure ..

but the sound is nice .... :top:

Feels really smooth and the gears change very quickly....slight diff for me...

Top Bottom