BM24 or BM54

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seewai

S62B50
Hi,I've been searching in the forum but couldn't find anything alike and am wondering if any of you have experience with BM24 radio unit fault?Reason asking is mine has just gone south. The whole thing started with intermittently no audio from CD player. Then one fine day the radio decided to stop functioning.After brought the ride to a nearby car audio & accessory shop, the boss told me these are common symptoms of a dead BM54 unit (located next to CD Changer). True enough, after removing the unit from the boot, there's sign of water leak at the connector and on surface of circuit board, and found out it's the older BM24 and not BM54. I punched in the part number 65 12 6 907 130 in bmwfans.info, I couldn't find it under a compatible part for my ride, so it's possible that previous owner changed it before and it's now faulty again. I could only find 65 12 6 907 131 (BMW Professional Radio) in the part list.
IMG_20121120_142900.jpg
So I'm wondering if anybody has experience with this, and whether I could get the BM54 radio module to work with my ride.Cheers in advance.seewai

I've Googled a little and found out they are not directly interchangeable due to connector difference. There's a Youtube video on how to modify existing BM24 to connect to a BM54 but the language is not that I could understand, sounds like Arab or a Middle-East language.

Still having a hard time searching for replacement part (used).

i have a working BM54 for sale, if you need them. I bet it's the connector pin harness that need to be change, if its coming from a BM24

Bro NKTOB, As per PM, please reserve your BM54 for me, I'm reachable at 019-35lapanlapanlapan67 for fast deal. I'll figure out the conversion cable/adapter/harness if you don't already have one.

Cheers.

Top Bottom