Birdshit scars! Meguiar's to the rescue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lee36328

Club Guest
Be careful of bird shit.Got a bullseye on my bonnet the other day. Took out the Quick Detailer and a tissue, thinking it would be a simple job.Unfortunately, the engine hood reaches bakery oven temperatures and the offending deposit has been cooked to a stubborn blight upon the paintwork. And in the process of removing said deposit, an unsightly set of lines were left behind.Birdshit 1, QD and tissue 0.So, the lesson is, either never leave a bird shit to dry on your car, or don't attack it with QD and tissue.So, despite the 9th Emperor rainy season, sent the car to Alex of Magicglaze for a touch up. Good chance to try the HiTech Wax 26 too.Here are the befores and afters.Being prepped after a nice and thorough wash and claying.
IMG_2727sz.jpg
Before - the scratch looks quite deep and visible.
IMG_2731szbefore.jpg
After - quite hard to spot now.
IMG_2740szafter.jpg
Before - the scratch from another angle.
IMG_2732szbefore.jpg
After - not bad.
IMG_2739szafter.jpg
My faithful tools of the trade.
IMG_2748sztools.jpg

I seriously think - this guy is beyond the norm ....

Lee - definitely ur car is soooo licin - u can hot 240kmh now .. :top:

Lee, my car got those unsightly swirl marks. Quite obvious on the blank paint. Which Meguiars product is effective for removal of these swirl marks?

Vincent Hor;258153 said:
Lee, my car got those unsightly swirl marks. Quite obvious on the blank paint. Which Meguiars product is effective for removal of these swirl marks?

Vincent,

No worries, all our cars have those swirls marks to various extent. On black, it's more visible unfortunately.

It all depends on how deep those marks are. Certainly, you'll need some type of polish, such as item #83 above.

Why not attend the detailing workshop here? You'll find out lots more about swirl marks removal and getting your beauty into tip top shape! Hope to see you sign up for it.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13702&page=5

Lee36328;258156 said:
Vincent,

No worries, all our cars have those swirls marks to various extent. On black, it's more visible unfortunately.

It all depends on how deep those marks are. Certainly, you'll need some type of polish, such as item #83 above.

Why not attend the detailing workshop here? You'll find out lots more about swirl marks removal and getting your beauty into tip top shape! Hope to see you sign up for it.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13702&page=5

Lee, thanks for the invite. Just registered my name.

Depends on how deeply it's penetrated the coat. Bird shit is acidic and will start to eat into the paint from the moment of impact. So, the key is to take immediate action to remove it.

I thought it was a definite no-no to use tissue to wipe paint surfaces as tissue is able to leave lots of scratches pretty quickly.
But nice to see that they managed to remove it pretty well. How much does that place charge for a wash/detail/wax/etc?

hey man...that's good. i parked at basement today and there's dripping of water from the ceiling...so u know, i kinda left behind a white streak and some sort of deposit as if it penetrated the paint. can't get rid of it even after washing...
any idea how ? would the normal polish+wax get rid of it?
thanks.

mnas;284121 said:
hey man...that's good. i parked at basement today and there's dripping of water from the ceiling...so u know, i kinda left behind a white streak and some sort of deposit as if it penetrated the paint. can't get rid of it even after washing...
any idea how ? would the normal polish+wax get rid of it?
thanks.

Again, it depends on how deeply the water has penetrated the clear coat, or if in fact it has got past that and started attacking the paint.

Would be prudent to start with a light compound and go heavier in stages until you see a difference, but be careful not to cut through to the paint. An experienced detailer would know how.

I did a dark green car once with plenty of markings from what we suspected to be aircond water, left for some time. A slightly aggressive compound got almost every mark out.

thanks Lee..that was a speedy reply !!
i've not got any contacts of detailer here in JB..perhaps if u know one that you would want to recommend me ?

mnas;284130 said:
thanks Lee..that was a speedy reply !!
i've not got any contacts of detailer here in JB..perhaps if u know one that you would want to recommend me ?

No prob. Sorry, not familiar w JB though. I would suggest any shop that stocks several types of compounds. Or alternatively, buy your own and bring it to the shop and ask them to use it. I have different types with different strengths depending on how serious the trouble spot is.

Top Bottom