Best Comfort Tyre for E90 225/45/R17

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kmtan181

Dear Sifus,

I'm trying to look for a good tyre to change for my front and rear on my E90 320i.
Size: 225/45/R17

Can you guys share with me your experience, recommendation and how much it costs ?

etquah said:
Michelin PS2 is nice to drive. RM550 - RM620
Bro ETQuah, sure can get this price? I recently saw PS3 with abovementioned size for this price. PS2 should be more expensive. I bought PS2 255/40/R17 for RM1050 a month back.

But yes, PS2 has a good combination of ride comfort and performance.

As long it isn't RFT tyres it should be comfortable.

I like the GoodYear ASSY2 tyres, nice grippy and good in the wet. PS3 is also good but of course PSS for the best of both dry and wet :)

I'm quoted with RM550 x 4 pcs for PS3 (Aug-2014 made) tyres. Is this a good deal ?

XTRada said:
I'm quoted with RM550 x 4 pcs for PS3 (Aug-2014 made) tyres. Is this a good deal ?
Yes, the prices are quite competitive indeed.

i was on pirelli rft>>michelin ps3>>and now using gyear assymetric2..overall i felt gyear assymetric is the best tire in terms of cornering...wet road...speed ..braking..

anyone tried gyear efficient grip or yokohama advan db which is more silent ? any effect on performance?

Mavik said:
As long it isn't RFT tyres it should be comfortable.

I like the GoodYear ASSY2 tyres, nice grippy and good in the wet. PS3 is also good but of course PSS for the best of both dry and wet :)
Hi Mavik, between Assy2 and PS3, which is more lasting? I'm currently on Toyo T1R, expecting it to last about 32,000km as compared to the ori BS RE050 RFT which lasted 58,000km. T1R wears very fast at the rear especially at inner most grove, probably attributed by aggressive (original) negative camber set-up. No such premature wear issues with the RE050 RFT previously.

Currently on N8000. Did almost 10k km & loving it. Good grip in both dry & wet. Good water dispersion as well (went through few heavy downpours on NSE it passed with flying colors).

Tad abit noisy after awhile but I was told that the GY AS2 is the same as well.

I'm using Hankook Ventus V12 for 6 months now. Size 235/45/17. Not bad. Much better than RFT. Got it cheap RM1,200 for 4 pcs.

jakpo
Sent from Tapatalk V3.2.1

I am using that for my other car. Not bad. However doubt it has the size for 255/35-18. 99% will opt for Michelin PS3

If comfort is your priority and you are willing to sacrifice some sportiness, go for Michelin Primacy 3ST. You can even upsize to 235/45/17 for more sidewall, improving ride quality without rubbing.

I know somebody who is running this setup and the ride quality is amazing.

Top Bottom