Best combo of shocks and springs for E46!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

YK9

Club Guest
Hi all,It's about time for me to change the shocks and springs for my 2001 E46 325i...so, would like some feedbacks on the best combination of both the shocks and springs.....understand that there are quite a few here are with Titan and stock springs and they seem loving them...how about the rest?Cheers

If you want to remain the same feel (comfort) go for BOGE Automatic (Get the correct parts number) if you wish for more sportier ride B6 is best, both run on standard spring. RM860-900 for BOGE while B6 around RM2100 .. not sure 2013 still have that price.

If you are on budget

Mtigo have a pair of almost new BPH Shocks FRONT for sale at half price RM 182 for a pair http://www.mudah.my/BMW+E46+Front+Absorber-13484987.htm
While for rear you can get Gabriel red for RM140 each from Munich auto at Segambut/Jln Ipoh next to Bavarian Auto

Good luck bro

Hi guys.

Would like to get advise whether is it ok to change to Titan shock absorber while maintaining the standard spring? No budget to buy both. Spring will have to wait. :)

My ride is e46 (318i 2.0 2002YR).

Thanks in advance.

asa_traxx;820458 said:
Hi guys.

Would like to get advise whether is it ok to change to Titan shock absorber while maintaining the standard spring? No budget to buy both. Spring will have to wait. :)

My ride is e46 (318i 2.0 2002YR).

Thanks in advance.

I'm on TITAN shocks on standard springs. Very well balanced and composed. Not harsh at all. Go for it. No regrets.

I guess i m getting one too! haha...just to be sure Wingzee, standard spring for 325i and 318i is the same? coz urs is 325 while asa_traxx is 318

azeL_Inc;820462 said:
I guess i m getting one too! haha...just to be sure Wingzee, standard spring for 325i and 318i is the same? coz urs is 325 while asa_traxx is 318

Springs for 4 potter and 6 potter are different but both can be paired with TITAN. In fact, uncle Richard recommended using stock springs for best performance. Ride height still can be slightly lowered despite using stock springs.

wingzee;820463 said:
Springs for 4 potter and 6 potter are different but both can be paired with TITAN. In fact, uncle Richard recommended using stock springs for best performance. Ride height still can be slightly lowered despite using stock springs.

Thanks bros for the info. Guess its a sure then for Titan.

asa_traxx;820607 said:
Thanks bros for the info. Guess its a sure then for Titan.

Dont forget to provide reviews once you've changed yours!

Sent from my GT-N8000

Gotta spread the love for TITAN! For 2.6k you get a set of serviceable shocks with tuning to your liking, 1 year warranty and can only be serviced at RM100 each later on. Plus, it offers much better handling compared to stock Boge/Sach shocks (non-M tech).

wingzee;821453 said:
Gotta spread the love for TITAN! For 2.6k you get a set of serviceable shocks with tuning to your liking, 1 year warranty and can only be serviced at RM100 each later on. Plus, it offers much better handling compared to stock Boge/Sach shocks (non-M tech).

Bro, i just serviced my TITAN last friday (after 4 years of using).
The price increase d, RM125 each now =(

kby88;821525 said:
Bro, i just serviced my TITAN last friday (after 4 years of using).
The price increase d, RM125 each now =(

How often you service bro?

Ohh uncle Richard said price increased? Anyway RM125 is still pretty reasonable as I was told to service GAB/TIEN it costs about RM150-200 per stick. :D

wingzee;821546 said:
How often you service bro?

Ohh uncle Richard said price increased? Anyway RM125 is still pretty reasonable as I was told to service GAB/TIEN it costs about RM150-200 per stick. :D

its my first time service. after 4 years of using it.
But i felt it a bit firm after service.
Uncle richard oso introduce new type of valve....

So it will cost me 2.6k for the titan? I assume for front n rear? Gotta start eating maggi

Sent from my Nexus 4

azeL_Inc;821656 said:
So it will cost me 2.6k for the titan? I assume for front n rear? Gotta start eating maggi

Sent from my Nexus 4

RM2.6-2.7k for parts & labor. :)

Top Bottom