Bent Rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

machinehead

Club Guest
Hi, My 17" rims look round with my naked eyes but when I send for balancing the wheels sway slightly from left to right when balance on the machine.The guy said my rims can only be repair one more time as it is already repair before. The 2 bents rims are on my rear. Even when I hit 140km, it does not wobble. 1) How many time can a rim be repair? 2) My question is will it affect the tyres life if I continue to use it until I hit a big pothole and then send for repair? 3) What do rims repairer do to make it perfect? Appreciate some input from sifu here as I am confuse.Some recommended shop for repair will help.

Heap Sun near Jln. Ipoh or practically Segambut area is a recommend place. I have my rims refurbished over there. The price can be much higher than other places but well worth it.

Just change the bent pieces.

Repaired alloy rims are not structurally sound anymore and its not worth saving those bucks when you drive a BMW.

Its just the metallurgy of the alloy. :)

My rims are not available in the market anymore (Racing Dynamics RGR). Anyone with one spare around for sale?

recently sent RH front 19" for repair coz slightly bent (cant see on naked eyes unless balancing time) and it works fine for me.

Top Bottom