be careful buying parts fr BAVARIAN AUTO

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bensht

Club Guest
just a note to share with fellow club membersi've bought an m20 timing belt, belt tensioner, water pump and oil seals from bavarian about a year back. after about 20k kms, the fastener which holds the bearing to the tensioner cracked from behind and the timing belt hit the casing and started to make funny noise. i was fortunate that the belt didn't snap or slip.of course the oil seals were also seeping oil at 20k kms. terrible!oh! and those nasty rm50 timing belts fr mexico? do avoid at all cost. they stretch like rubber band!i managed to catch the problem before i lost my engine and would just like to share this experience.i have the parts for pictures to be posted. i'll get down to it when the car leaves the workshop.definitely buy genuine timing belts and tensioners as well as oil seals.i brought the part back to bavarian auto, ss2 branch and showed it to mr. lai see ming whom i've bought parts from since 1993 and i was disappointed with his statement.his reply was "i've never had this problem before! we've sold so many! you go ask the manufacturer la! how i know why like that?"and as to what more he had to saylai's respond was "nothing", as he looked at the ground and didn't even want to face up.truly appaling. anyway, after 15 years of buying parts from them religiously, i've decided as of today, to avoid them whenever i can.this time, i've checked the everything before they were installed. hopefully i wont have the same problem again.

this mr lai see ming needs to be taught a lesson in customer relationship n consumer rights under the sale of goods act. if you still have receipts, claim them for replacement n repair cost. write an official complaint to the management, cc to all concerned including the ministry of consumer affairs, ministry of trade (i think), consumer assoc, media publication related to the motor industry, etc. in short, copy the whole world complete with statement by mr lai.

hopefully, the end result will have mr lai crucified....upside down...inside out!

(damn! they dun call me 'hellraiser' for nuthin')

It is better to bring this matter up to Bavarian Auto Management, sometime it is unfair to punish a company when a staff is no longer interested to serve. Unless the management is bahaving same, then the whole world should be told.

Sometime I wonder how is those so call "Germany" or OEM product quality? Are they up to the standard? Beside sellings those Germany and OEM, do they have BMW original parts as well?

Actually sometime I think it is because those parts have been sitting in their store for years, and probably expired, that is why the rubber quality is not as good. I remember bought an Original BMW battery at very good price from them, and it turn out a junk because stored too long in the store, lucky they give full refund. So, yes you never know if the item is still good condition! Especially just a piece of rubber or seal. So, you just have to check and be careful!!

Bavarian Auto has been around for as long as I can remember... :rolleyes:

If my memory serves me right, they are the BMW parts stocky for BMW Malaysia!!.. :eek: .... just because they have money and have enough branches so BMW Malaysia don't need to tie down hundreds of million Ringgit in parts.

I am reserved seeing this posting.. yet Chinaman business remain Chinaman mentality, attitude la..

Can there be due to improper installation? or dishonest workshop that did a nasty swap while you were not there?

Anyway thanks for the info.. will keep that in mind..

Oh what a mess these sub-standard parts can do to your engine. Few months ago I bought a Continental timing belt and tensioner bearing (E30 M40) from their Jln Ipoh branch. But have not fitted it to the car yet. Can anyone tell me if these parts are reliable. I am also about to purchase the water pump and seals from BA. Any recommendations? BTW they stopped being the authorised parts stockist for BMW Malaysia for quite a number of years already.

Fireblade;352494 said:
....BTW they stopped being the authorised parts stockist for BMW Malaysia for quite a number of years already.

Okie... I guess I have not been "in touch" with the industry for a number or years already.. :p ... so who's the authorised BMW Malaysia parts stockist now?

yeah, i had a bad experience with bavarian auto ss2 a year ago too. true to the fact, this mr lai guy is indeed "lansi".

I had exclude them in my list since then. Now, getting parts from a shop in taman bahagia, pj.

Go to Auto Bavaria, Sapura Auto or Ingress Auto.

My preferred one is BOMIN ...Jln Ipoh

Jalan Ipoh, on the right from KL Center, Next to a Shell Station, make a u-turn a little further up at the traffic light, you can see a 4WD shop there. Mr. Lai - 0133669889

Bavarian Auto price is not cheap. Some parts AB is selling much much cheaper than BA especially those plastic parts.

It's just not being fair to taint one's reputation over one's remark. So many yearsss, i've been sourcing my parts from them, n I've not had a single issue, in fact, they're very helpful!

All I know was, Im there to buy parts, i dun need any VIP treatment, not like im building a Jet, Got my stuffs, n Im outta there!!..

p/s: So, are u expecting a salesman greet everytime u walk into the shop? try harder nex time!!.. Even yr wife dun do that to u everyday......:stupid:

Always suspected that mechanics are sourcing from some suppliers that occasionally throw in some fake parts ... much more money to be made that way.

These parts are so visually good that even your trustworthy mechanic cant tell the difference.

Everyone ... the supplier, the mechanic ...wins , but the car owners

Supplier reaps ridiculous margin with repeated sales too, the mechanic gets to change the same part every 3 months .... and the car owner ? - left with the question " havent i changed this part not too long before ??"

Thats Malaysia... wont be jailed or have your shop closed for selling fake parts. $$$$$$$

Yeah, just got some plastic bits fr AB glenmarie recently............ Original too.... And cheap and service good! And no defects and no lansi ppl. Ha2

btw, my mitsuboshi and bando belting on my m30 engine lasted longer than the contis. Tutt tutt what a shame!

Top Bottom