Battery

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

koolio

Club Guest
Has anyone replaced battery to ACDelco dry cell? how much is it? and does it last? am asking because had previous experience of dry cell which didn't last that long. Was recommended ACDelco by one of the BMW worhshops. Pls advise.

batt

am getting my new MF batt (Delkor DIN66) this few weeks from a fren distributor. would cost me bout rm280+ (inclusive of recent price increased) but still much cheaper than outside dealers.

can carry 1 more for u in my boot if u r interested.

what is MF ah? Delkor DIN66? sounds like the one a mechanic quoted me. but he quoted me RM700! so much different ah?

Calyon, when are you getting yours? am stranded with failure of air-con compressor, need to fix that first. now can just sitting at home, no air-con. :(

batt

what i heard is delkor seems to fair better than acdelco maintenance free ("MF") batt. the numerical figures denominates the batt capacity, i.e. 66Ah. (320-330 i think manual indicated 70Ah, whereas 318 uses 55Ah). a little more wouldnt harm la.. just make sure it's not less.

so it's either DIN66 or DIN88 coz these are commons inventory list.

was quoted rm400+ (new price) for the 66Ah one by nornal outside workshops. so your rm700 seems a cut-throat.

Car: e46 328i
Max batt size that fit: DIN 100
Note: Need to remove the stopper on the batt tray if installing DIN 100

batt tech

koolio said:
what is MF ah? Delkor DIN66? sounds like the one a mechanic quoted me. but he quoted me RM700! so much different ah? :(

AC Delco or Delkor? both are difirent manufacturers and thus one is of course the original one theo ther a copy.....its sounds the same if pronounced by my mech...... but price is about double comparig both i.e. 250 vs 550

question is where is your battery located?

if its in front in the engine bay, you can either opt for the very rare insulated MF battery, hence a high price, but it should last 5 years or more

these days, MF batteries are sealed as most cars have the battery in the boot or rear seat, so it last longer , as theres less heat to kill it

MF battery technology has to disspate heat while maitianing the liquid, some deisgns better than others, there was one brand, which i cannot remember, it lasted me 4 years, had a insulation and dissipation design, dissipate heat from internals and insulate heat from outside, perfect for engine bay mounted locations

other than that don't bother as it will only last 1-2 years max......

Die Hard batt lasted 4-1/2 years.. 700 bucks at chi's place in Mayang

Top Bottom