Average mileage for rft

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The past 5 sets on my E90s, I got only 20-25K Km. At 70% wear! they get noisy, the compound harden and you will start seeing parts of the thread breaking off. Uneven wear will start to show and it's looses grip especially in the wet. It's an average of one year one set for me.

My GY RFT coming up to 25k soon and still in good shape. Maybe I didn't drive hard enough.

splee;848699 said:
My GY RFT coming up to 25k soon and still in good shape. Maybe I didn't drive hard enough.

Splee.. come join the wknd short drives.. experience the joy & sheer driving pleasure..:burnout:

saat;848693 said:
The past 5 sets on my E90s, I got only 20-25K Km. At 70% wear! they get noisy, the compound harden and you will start seeing parts of the thread breaking off. Uneven wear will start to show and it's looses grip especially in the wet. It's an average of one year one set for me.

True. On my previous e90, i managed to reach 35k, with abt 30% left thread, so thoretically can be legally used for quite a few mor kms. But changed them already due to its effect on the steering, The steering became twitchy at high speeds and yes, car became so noisy. But i love those Bridgestones still. Had 3 sets of those ;)

After 25k the rubber starts to get bit hard, uncomfortable and noisy.. you gotta watch out on wet roads as well.. tried using my first set till sidewall rupture at 45k..currently clocked 40k on my 2nd set without any problems...changing out soon..

So basically can use till 40k without any problems if you dont bother on the noise and harsher ride.. also no rempit when tyre is bad..

VKS;848721 said:
After 25k the rubber starts to get bit hard, uncomfortable and noisy.. you gotta watch out on wet roads as well.. tried using my first set till sidewall rupture at 45k..currently clocked 40k on my 2nd set without any problems...changing out soon..

So basically can use till 40k without any problems if you dont bother on the noise and harsher ride.. also no rempit when tyre is bad..

Like that I must check my tyres Liao. Don't really like to bend down and check tyre. If cannot rempit then I rather change tyre. Hahaha

_M_;848703 said:
Splee.. come join the wknd short drives.. experience the joy & sheer driving pleasure..:burnout:

M thank you for your invitation. I will try my best to apply for a permit from HM to join the RJ for their regular weekend short drives.

splee;848737 said:
M thank you for your invitation. I will try my best to apply for a permit from HM to join the RJ for their regular weekend short drives.

Next outing is on Sat Oct 26. Plenty of time to submit visa application..:)

_M_;848742 said:
Next outing is on Sat Oct 26. Plenty of time to submit visa application..:)

Hahaha. Already been turned down many times. So give up altogether now. Have to wait HM in best of mood before submit my application again.

hehehe splee

"Don't really like to bend down and check tyre"

this is the best quote of the day so far! :top:

Hi Guys.. I have one RFT left - taken out from my 328i 397 rims. I have changed out all my RFTs.. if you need one spare with 60% thread.. in case you hit into any of the many CRATERS we have in Malaysia. please contact me or PM me.. I sell you cheap cheap :)

Top Bottom