Autostart for E34

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

albertsew

Club Guest
I am thinking of changing to an alarm system that comes with autostart function.Anyone done it for e34, any side-effect or wat so ever ?

bro,
my car got tht kind of alarm system too(watcher)...but i neva use the auto stater coz the starting sound was like you start it manually and even the car already started...u still turn the key....u got wat i mean or not?....it sounds like..'eeerrrkkkk!!!!!!!'...my mech told me mayb it can cause damage to the starter.....any other opinion?

yahh.. heard that too.. can't remember from who ah?

It's something like.. before u start ur car, u normally will turn to ON first rite.. then after few secs u start the car.. most newer cars have this buzzer when it's OK to start..

so basically, when u r using this alarm, ur car didn't really ON.. it's just starts!!

So...meaning, it will go direct to start the car without waiting for the diagnostic lights or checking lights

Sometimes, autostart is good especially when the car is under the damn hot sun, at least let the air cond run for 5-15 mins before getting in to the car. :lol: Coz I found that even watever cool tint, the car still hot inside.

Or instead, any alarm system outthere that can actually wind DOWN half of the window B) with the press of a button ..........

Hmmm, I usually do not wait for all the lights to go out before starting the car. So far no problem. Might be thinking of changing my existing to one with the autostart function. Hope the shop know how to do it because I have a colleague's car (E34) which had problem with its autostart function. Seems there is a "conflict" with the original immobiliser. :unsure:

Originally posted by flash@Mar 20 2006, 01:50 AM
Hmmm, I usually do not wait for all the lights to go out before starting the car. So far no problem. Might be thinking of changing my existing to one with the autostart function. Hope the shop know how to do it because I have a colleague's car (E34) which had problem with its autostart function. Seems there is a "conflict" with the original immobiliser. :unsure:
Original e34 alarm come with immobiliser ?

Wat about my e34 91 ?

Originally posted by acs@Mar 20 2006, 01:57 AM
bro,
my car got tht kind of alarm system too(watcher)...but i neva use the auto stater coz the starting sound was like you start it manually and even the car already started...u still turn the key....u got wat i mean or not?....it sounds like..'eeerrrkkkk!!!!!!!'...my mech told me mayb it can cause damage to the starter.....any other opinion?
do you mean the auto start function still running after your car started, so the starter still maintain the cranking position and the flywheel touching with the starter pinion gear cause the noise ??

I'm looking for this type of alarm system as well.

i heard someone told me last time thats Calvin Tan's e30 using autostart alarm too and burned his motronic ECU when starting the car,.

untill now i still don't know is it true or blowing water.

glad to have some one giving advise.

thanks

yes kinaka...u r rite.....it happen for bout 3-5 sec.i'm using Watcher brand..2 way,remote like small handphone....hehehe..

my waja got autostart...no prob liao....it takes bout 5sec before its starts....when u wanna get in unlock the car and switch on the ignation!....

its a good feature....especially hot days....or wanna warm engine up

will fit on on my e34 soon

albert, 91 didnt cum with immobilizer......so can fit..

Originally posted by mafia@Mar 21 2006, 10:58 AM
My colleague's E34 is a later model (1994).... but still not sure if the immobiliser was installed with the car or aftermarket one because he got the car 2nd hand also....

Originally posted by mafia@Mar 20 2006, 09:58 PM
my waja got autostart...no prob liao....it takes bout 5sec before its starts....when u wanna get in unlock the car and switch on the ignation!....

its a good feature....especially hot days....or wanna warm engine up

will fit on on my e34 soon

So what brand of autostart alarm r u using ?

Not too long ago, Brother's is having promotion for some alarm system, autostart features with trunk open alarm is around rm300+ , sigh....should have grab it

Originally posted by albertsew@Mar 22 2006, 12:42 AM
i think not to worry to much.....real thieves or pro robbers will not want to know wat brand of alarm, they will either the tow truck or a knife to make you open the door. :D
True, true, easier to hijack a car or just to tow it away.

But then again.... no one would want my SLOTH.... how I wish someone would "steal" it away, I claim insurance and then get a 525i.... :D

Top Bottom