Autolevelling Headlight Sensor

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

IanDaddy

Club Guest
Aiya, just discovered last night that the plastic lever on the sensor is broken.
14.png
brokenlevelsensor.jpg
The picture is not of my car but it is broken exactly at the same place. The damned sensor cost RM3xx ori. I have not really noticed anything wrong with my headlights yet as I seldom and have not driven in unlit roads at night. There are 2 sensors , front and back connected to the control arm (part 5) . I believe the sensor send a signal on the level of the car to the headlights which in turn activate the motor to adjust the level. I am thinking that if the headlights always adjust to a fixed level without a signal , I can just unplug the level sensor wire harness to the housing. Or I can just glue the broken lever at level position to fool it. Anyone know if there are cheaper OEM sensors. Appreciate comments/experience.Also found out that the same part is used in some Mini and many other models.

Hey IanDaddy, instead of throwing it away or throwing money to get a new one why not fix it. If yours is exactly like above you can make a round steel bracket and glue it at the arm. Or you can mod it to be manual leveling control.

Top Bottom