Autochild

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Whalesith

Club Guest
Hey guys,Wonder if anyone heard of this workshop named Autochild (www.autochild.com)? Its located near AB in Glenmarie.Spoke to a fren over the weekend and he recommended 2 services provided by this workshop:1. Nitrogen Tire Services - basically pumping nitrogen (which is much lighter than air) into your tyres. My fren did it on his ride (which is a new A4 Quatrro) and claimed that his steering feels much lighter.2. Engine Flush - something like ATF flush but for the engine instead. Pour some solution after draining oil and "flush" it a few times to clear carbon build-ups. Also claimed to have better torque and improve fuel consumption.Wonder if any of our brother here has done these 2 services before and any feedback?

Well guys... this kind of engine flush or whatever flush is already there in the market long time ago... but due to human perception.. this was not been recognize here in Malaysia.. but in US or Euro..country they believe in it.

In mean time, i've been to autochild before.. done my wira there before.. but one thing for sure.. prepare a thick wallet when you're there.. and currently right now if im not mistaken.. that shop no more carry any Adnoc oil anymore for flushing.. (Which i would say why adnoc oil is that it was much cheaper plus that engine oil itself contain a cleaning detergent already compare to the mass market of oil production).

If you want other shop to do flushing for your lovely BMW or other cars? I can recommended you one shop in PJ (I would not say workshop but i would prefer to call it private garage :) )

well wira,

agree wif you with regards to the fact that the engine flushing has been around for a long time.

anyway which other workshop PJ you can suggest?

you can pm me for more details.. i will let you know in pm. Cause it was not appropriate to do this in public forum.

wiramod pm the workshop to me too .. TQ

anyway heard lotsa good remarks of autochild from some of the senior members here...

As for me i just change my engine oil every45 days, use or no use ... that's all ..
anyway i'm using the alchepo type of engine oil which is GD11 from nasa..

highly recommended if you would like your auto transmission to be flushed. a lot of difference after the flushing.. a job well done..

Whalesith;225676 said:
Hey guys,

Wonder if anyone heard of this workshop named Autochild (www.autochild.com)? Its located near AB in Glenmarie.

Spoke to a fren over the weekend and he recommended 2 services provided by this workshop:
1. Nitrogen Tire Services - basically pumping nitrogen (which is much lighter than air) into your tyres. My fren did it on his ride (which is a new A4 Quatrro) and claimed that his steering feels much lighter.
2. Engine Flush - something like ATF flush but for the engine instead. Pour some solution after draining oil and "flush" it a few times to clear carbon build-ups. Also claimed to have better torque and improve fuel consumption.

Wonder if any of our brother here has done these 2 services before and any feedback?

#1 can be done at most tire shops. Many offer Nitrogen gas service nowadays.

#2 I'm interested to know more. Is any special machine involved to do this, or is it just pour it in and drain? What kind of flushing oil is used at Autochild?

There're many kinds of flushing oil on the market, three that I know of: STP, Shell, BG, ..... For these 3 flushing oil, I suppose one can get it done during any of regular BMW service. For high mileage car, there's concern that the flushing oil may dislodge deposits sealing otherwise leaking parts. But how high is high??? I still dare not do it.

My engine will be flush every alternate engine oil change (i change the engine oil every 5k km/3k miles and it is definitely a mineral oil, not synthetic). The flushing chemical cost me RM16 per bottle.

just came back from AutoChild during lunch..did my decarb (for 2nd time after 8 month)...this guy is good!
It will make your throttle feel lighter and quick response..Also will do injector cleaning and brake flushing/bleeding on my next trip there.

Highly recommended for old car (mine is year '95 car wt 330,000km done!)

my snowwhite still feel new!

yeop;225879 said:
just came back from AutoChild during lunch..did my decarb (for 2nd time after 8 month)...this guy is good!
It will make your throttle feel lighter and quick response..Also will do injector cleaning and brake flushing/bleeding on my next trip there.

Highly recommended for old car (mine is year '95 car wt 330,000km done!)

my snowwhite still feel new!

Can you share with us how much it cost you for the decarb?? How much he quoted you for the injector cleaning?

The price in the web are (fromXXX) so not sure how much actually.

Many thanks

Heard the injectors cleaning by using some ultra sound machine or something? The thing vibrated which enable the sticky parts on your injectors to be removed...
is this true? How much it cost?

Sent my other car to Autochild to do ATF flush, engine flush, injector cleaning and engine decarb. They use a lot of machinery to take out the guess work. Expensive but I personally think it's worth it. Brendan the ang-moh boss with the wild hair is a nice guy to chat with and will refer to manuals if he is not sure of anything about the car. I think their tool to analyze the aircond gas is cool as well :)

But, if I not mistaken....Autochild was a hot topic (of course for the bad thing) some times back...now it back with good testimonial summore.....sudah tukar ka?? sudah ok ka??

Wlvrn;226445 said:
Heard the injectors cleaning by using some ultra sound machine or something? The thing vibrated which enable the sticky parts on your injectors to be removed...
is this true? How much it cost?

yes, the injectors are cleaned by using ultrasonic cleaner dipped into a solvent solution.

after cleaning, the injector are set in a machine that does automatically the spray pattern, the amount of fuel injected etc.

charged is based on the number of injectors. so 6 injectors would cost more.

Top Bottom