Atf oil change for bmw e60 lci

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmer_boy

Club Guest
Good day BMW Club Members,I'm Han and owned a BMW E60 525i LCI (2997 cc/UK Spec) year 2008 clocked at 62k km. I would like to get some advice from the club members about changing the Auto Transmission Oil (ATF). Recently i bought 7 litres of genuine BMW ATF oil and gearbox pan c/w magnet and filter from Bavarian Auto Part (BAP) in Klang (Given the chassis no to the BAP salesman).On the next day I've sent the car to the car workshop in Klang for changing the ATF oil and upon taking the car back i'm surprise the mechanic returned 2 extra bottles of ATF oil. The mechanic told me that he have flushed out the old oil and replaced with the new oil. He said 5 bottles have reach to the maximum oil level.So far there is no problem with the gearbox but i wonder why have 2 extra bottles?? :42:Hope you guys can share your experience.Thank you!

bimmer_boy;807434 said:
Good day BMW Club Members,

I'm Han and owned a BMW E60 525i LCI (2997 cc/UK Spec) year 2008 clocked at 62k km. I would like to get some advice from the club members about changing the Auto Transmission Oil (ATF). Recently i bought 7 litres of genuine BMW ATF oil and gearbox pan c/w magnet and filter from Bavarian Auto Part (BAP) in Klang (Given the chassis no to the BAP salesman).

On the next day I've sent the car to the car workshop in Klang for changing the ATF oil and upon taking the car back i'm surprise the mechanic returned 2 extra bottles of ATF oil. The mechanic told me that he have flushed out the old oil and replaced with the new oil. He said 5 bottles have reach to the maximum oil level.

So far there is no problem with the gearbox but i wonder why have 2 extra bottles?? :42:

Hope you guys can share your experience.

Thank you!

Hi Han..my ride E60 523i LCI 2007 uk spec..just changed my gbox oil last month, milage 48k..heck, i was charged 7 liters...so was others in the forum..either u re very lucky udm owner, or u might need to consider changing workshop!!!:eek:

As I know, change ATF oil must wait until the engine cool down, it takes at least 4 hours or no starting the engine for overnight, then oil flush out can reach 7 liters, mine only able to flush out 6 liters, since only rest for 4 hours. If your mech didn't follow this method, max can flush out only 5 liters, remaining old ATF oil still keep in somewhere the pipes/hose (haha, duno how to explain, it's too technically to say) just my 2c

My recent changed of ATF used up 6 liters for N52 325i. Engine was given a rest for about 4 hours before changing.

Top Bottom