ATF change...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Finally got my ATF changed....@ 63,000 miles.

Total 5 litres used ( Esso gear oil ), feels new again!

Mythbusters : To change gearbox oil or not ?

Answer : Change if you still want to keep your original gearbox!

drarizal said:
What is the cost like bro andrew ? How long does it takes ?
Thanks...

My service include, oil + filter changed, coolant + software upgrade..

Kalau ikut itemised bill, ATF change only i pakai 5 litres = RM600.00 :D

funfer_fahrer said:
You pakai only 5 litres? I thought 9.40 litres.:confused: A5S325Z gearbox?

I didn't flush out (changed only) the balance from the torque converter...so my next ATF change ( next 50k ) shd get rid of the old ones from the there...:D

funfer_fahrer said:
I think it´s official - the limit for the lifetime fluid is 10 years or whenever you feel uncomfortable, whichever comes first.

Life time fluid is 10 years? Regardless the mielage :confused: ... Mine is still about 4 years old and already 91,000km +. So how ?
Whenever feel uncomfortable means ?? Gear not shifting well or what ?
More info regarding ATF makes me more confused...

Sifus... Guidances pls.. :D

If only i can do an angiogram to my internal engine. At least any blockage found, just do an angioplasty. Then continue with asprin for dilution so that it remains smooth flow :)

No ATF change yet. Now still running smoothly at 91000km +
Was advised to change ATF at 80-100K...

Anyway, next service gonna tutup sebelah mata and change the ATF :)

funfer_fahrer said:
Just do it man. I initially don't want to change until BMW comes up with a car that runs on tap water.:D

Hope the car that runs on tap water will be available soon. I'll make sure my "fuel tank" is always full everyday with H2O...:D

After reading through all the recommendation from all the sifu, guess i'll change mine once I get back this month.
All sifu, as I'm living in Sarawak, can someone direct me on where to buy the oil. Should I get them from the bmw workshop and what type of gear oil & axle oil are originally use on the bimmer e46.

Finally after so much thought did the ATF change on my car too..........

chnaged the oil cooler too under the advise of the mechanic........

so far the car has run abt 120km after the change......drive seams to be better.....pick up beter too......gear changes smother too..........

Thanks for all the input on the ATF change. After much consideration i am thinking of getting mine changed next week. My mileage is about 80k. Any recommended workshop? Anyone got theirs done at H@OKR?

Thanks
Chief

Hi,

Been reading this thread and all your feedbacks are very2 informative. Thanks to all. I would like to know if there's any recommendation on which workshop to go to in the Klang valley area. Thanks again...

Mouse;129888 said:
nope, m-speed USJ, the total bill was 900 for flushing, refilling back (esso), changing gasket & filter & labour (almost pengsan when i see the cost for changing ATF). 5000KM now so far so good

Auto Tran Oil change @ M Speed USJ. Including ATF, filter, gasket, labour = RM300

on the workshops, there's a thread on the list of recomended ones..... you can look up for the ones near to your place.

or you can look up the thread on maintenance & parts & costs thread to see where most people go to.

Crymson;275258 said:
Auto Tran Oil change @ M Speed USJ. Including ATF, filter, gasket, labour = RM300

Am suprised it costs only RM300, I did mine 6 months back at a workshop in Batu Caves for close to RM600/- plus, MSPeed quoted me a similar price.

Am driving an E46 325i and I used 7L of ZF @ about RM55 per liter, excluding gaskets, filters and labour.

Does any forummer know how long after an autobox overhaul
do you change the ATF
or do I just keep on using till another
50,000 km?
Any advice/info would be appreciated.
Another year of cheers.....

tank34;277571 said:
Am suprised it costs only RM300, I did mine 6 months back at a workshop in Batu Caves for close to RM600/- plus, MSPeed quoted me a similar price.

Don't know if it's similar to other models, but the ATF change is for my E36 4 speed GB.

Top Bottom