ASC or DSC, to drive with or without the function?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kayzhen911

Club Guest
dear all....recently i read up abt the EEG ( easter egg mode ).tried it and the function appears to be there.one Qn is....when the yellow light appears it means the ASC or DSC function is off.right?so, will it be more economical to drive with the function turned off?coz by default, our cars is driven with the function on (no lights).any comment?

that i know dude....
but with traction control, isnt it consuming more gasoline?
or it only comes in when needed?
ie. even with the function on and not needed its not there?

The ASC or DSC is a feature that creatively use of the ABS sensor to measure wheel rotation and compare the reading among all 4 wheels. If the reading is not in sync, some wheel/s are spinning faster, that means the wheels lose traction, ASC or DSC will kick in to interfere to rectify by applying brake in the selected wheels that is spinning faster than the rest. How would this feature consume more fuel? If it does, then switching it off, air con also cooler.. :10:

when you press the DSC button , the light is lit. The DSC is off , now DTC (Dynamic Traction Control is on). If you hold the button for more than 3 seconds , DSC and DTC are both off, only ABS remain. You can do wheel-spin with them off.

D

IanDaddy;612084 said:
when you press the DSC button , the light is lit. The DSC is off , now DTC (Dynamic Traction Control is on). If you hold the button for more than 3 seconds , DSC and DTC are both off, only ABS remain. You can do wheel-spin with them off.

D

When you press the DSC button once momentarily, the DTC moniker will appear. It doesn't mean DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) is off. DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) is a subset function of DSC, meaning to say DTC is similar to DSC of which it is a traction control function, except that it will allow more wheelspin before the electronics come into play and start intervention, ie; reduce engine power and if the situation warrants it, individual braking control by the ECU.

Thanks AlBundy, Actually I did not mean that DSC is off. I think on the newer models (Than my 2004 E46) it says 'DTC enabled , DSC restricted' which makes more sense.

quick question...i am actually driving my '3+1' 320i E46...it actually refers to the fact that one tire is running with a 16in and the rest 18inch...(tayar botak bai)...so in this case, do i need to swith off the DSC assume taking this comment by heart
..........."The ASC or DSC is a feature that creatively use of the ABS sensor to measure wheel rotation and compare the reading among all 4 wheels. If the reading is not in sync, some wheel/s are spinning faster, that means the wheels lose traction, ASC or DSC will kick in to interfere to rectify by applying brake in the selected wheels that is spinning faster than the rest"

thanks

Top Bottom