Approval for Car Loan

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I was informed by my SA if you get fleet discount, then you cannot apply any other promotions within BMW including BMW credit. Is this true?

Not too sure of this restriction though. Nevertheless, i didn't go the path of fleet discount as typically getting few quotes from various dealer will yield much better discount than fleet, more or less when you know the discount baseline for the model you are looking at. Few factors come into the discount playing field; inventory level, timing, color, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it's rather true that car interest rate is heading towards upward trend. Maybe can try financial institution as comparison and bullets for negotiation w BMW credit.

Hi bros,

Just had my loan from BMW Credit approved at 2.6% for the purchase of a 320d M Sport under the REP scheme. Now wondering if I should be getting the 520d instead. Any advice?

Cheers.

Get the 520d. More space. More luxurious. More gadgets. More metal. More on everything else. Ada Gaya, mutu dan keunggulan.

But on a serious note, lowest interest was from BMW credit? Did you go hunting for the interest rates outside?

Yours Faithfully (YF) said:
Get the 520d. More space. More luxurious. More gadgets. More metal. More on everything else. Ada Gaya, mutu dan keunggulan.

But on a serious note, lowest interest was from BMW credit? Did you go hunting for the interest rates outside?
Fastest approval was by BMW Credit. RHB is offering at 2.46% which is not much difference. 2 months ago was told that Affin was offering at 2.3% but it seems not anymore.

No major issues with the 520d or F10? Or rather I can't seem to find many issues here with the F10 in the forum, hence the thought of the 520d.

Cheers.

BMW credit may not be the lowest of them all. But not any significantly high. I was offered 2.3+% from outside bank vs Bmw credit at 2.4%. The day I picked up my car, was when I was given the BMW credit loan contract for signatory. For outside hire purchase arrangement, you need to have all doc signed and submitted prior to collecting your new ride.

BMW Credit is higher interest rate with lower margin for financing. Now I am curious, what is the main benefit BMW Credit has over the conventional financiers (excluding the ah longs)?

Hi Tigger,
Most of the problems you see here are mostly related to the first few batches of the F10 after launch. This is a common problems with new releases. All cars will have some little teething problems and BMW is not spared by that. If you have the cash to spare, get a 5 series!

BMW Credit is higher interest rate with lower margin for financing. Now I am curious, what is the main benefit BMW Credit has over the conventional financiers (excluding the ah longs)?

Hi Tigger,
Most of the problems you see here are mostly related to the first few batches of the F10 after launch. This is a common problems with new releases. All cars will have some little teething problems and BMW is not spared by that. If you have the cash to spare, get a 5 series!
Hi YF,

Now you have got me thinking.. hahaha!! The F10 seems to have lesser teething problems than the F30. Temptations.. temptationss..

Am curious too about the advantage of using BMW Credit besides signing the loan papers on car delivery. Their interest rate is slightly higher and loan amount the same.

Cheers.

Hey Tigger,

Best is to go test drive both 320d and 520d. Run it fast like about 120 to 130km/h and observe the stability and wind noise. Compare the space, the I-drive, the suspension settings, etc. End of the day, IF (big if) it comes to a draw, ask yourself this : Why compromised for a 3 when you can afford a 5?

Go for 5 series bro, it has everything the 3 series has and more unless you think the car is too huge.

There is also an option of the 3GT. Looks of a 3 but space of the 5 series. Best of both worlds? I leave it to your opinion.

There is also an option of the 3GT. Looks of a 3 but space of the 5 series. Best of both worlds? I leave it to your opinion.
Yeah the 3GT is spacious but looks out of proportion.. and pricing is not far off from a 5er. Will take the 520d out for a run soon to try it out :D

Cheers.

let us know your thoughts on the 520d. I think there are pre reg units available. Have fun and enjoy the drive!

agreed on that if you can afford 5 go for it.
i went to wearnes few days back wanting to get a F30 to replace my 323i , the sales advisor then advised me to try the 520 which i did.
i am toally in love with it and waiting for good price on pre reg hehe

Sync said:
agreed on that if you can afford 5 go for it.
i went to wearnes few days back wanting to get a F30 to replace my 323i , the sales advisor then advised me to try the 520 which i did.
i am toally in love with it and waiting for good price on pre reg hehe
Just booked a 520d demo unit last weekend at AB Glenmarie. I called Wearnes before that but they didn't have any pre-reg or demo 520d....There were quite a few at AB with different mileage and some 2013 reg 2014, and if you are keen I can refer you to my SA.

Hey Sync, Wearnes having sales promo this weekend with 5 years BSRI. Called them and they informed that the 5 years BSRI only applicable to certain models. They also offering free reverse camera . The model I wanted no pre reg . Looking that we are already in Sept, another 4 months, your car is already 1 year old on paper. Discount offered over the phone not very attractive considering that your depreciation value will be much much more than their discount offered. Sad....

For those following this thread, the financing by BMW credit now stands at 2.6% and this depends on the number of years you are planning to take. The higher the number of years, the higher the interest rate.

Looks like on the upward trend. I took in feb14 2.4% back then.

Top Bottom