Anybody upgraded the GPS Maps recently?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

thom

Club Guest
I drive a 2010 323i. Noted that the GPS map is kinda outdated. Apparently its quite old. The SC chap says they can upgrade for me (not sure if it will cost me anything) but he doesnt recommend it as it may cause glitches in other systems if they upgrade the map. Im just curious as to if anybody upgraded their maps?

That SC is talking rubbish it seems. Updating maps is a easy procedure but it will cost around RM2k, so not sure its really worth it.

Can you check what year is your current map? Most that I read here, 2010 cars have 2009 maps.

thom, i was in a similar situation when i got my 2010 ride...it was loaded with a 2009 map. SC told me it should be updated to a 2010 version, since its a 2010 car and he got it done for me FOC during my first service. No system glitches so far. Honestly, didnt really notice much difference in the 2009 vs 2010 version other than some major buildings appearing in 3d. If you need to fork out $$, personally i do not think its worthwhile.

However, I was given the same excuse when I told the SC to also upgrade my I-drive OS. doesnt make sense...havent had time to follow up on this though.

Chk with my SA on whether is there vast difference for 09 to 10 map (currently on all new BMWs)

He said not much difference and not really worth paying the RM2K for it.

If you want real updated map, buy those portable handheld type he said ~ lol

Mine is latest one but i can tell u, no difference. On the map, i still stay in a swamp. Darn

Top Bottom