Am I Insane???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kwwong99

Club Guest
Dear AllI owned a BMW 525i, 06/07 preregistered unit from AB. It is a 2 months old car prior the release of the facelift model. Now I am thinking of replacing my car with the new model after seeing the new 525i car. Though the engine remains the same, it comes with hosts of new features, namely, navigation, head-up display, new front and back lights, new gearshift etc, to name a few.Do you think it is worthwhile for me to change?Regards

well if you dont mine to loose what you lost when you drove the car out of the showroom by all means...btw doesnt the new e60's come with the new engine?

You're absolutely insane bro. You will tend to loose RM40K on your current ride!
To top it off, you are paying additional RM50K for the new facelift compared to your preregistered unit. Total RM90K+, use your head lah and not your heart. But if you got the money, by all means go for it! Just my 2 cents.
Btw, I also got a pre registered 523i about 3 monthe before the facelift but I was aware of it and I decided that it's not worth while to spend the extra on those little goodies. After all, it's just a facelift. I would rather spend those money later for the complete model change 4 yrs down the road. Cheers.

Losing 100k after two months isn't worth it. If you change now or in 6months, your loss would be the same. Give it some time to see how these additional goodies in the new car work.

Don't waste your money. IMO, not worth the amount you stand to lose.

If you still wanna throw your money away like that, it would be better if you throw some at me....

Have to admit though, Beemers tend to make us think and do irrational things.:rock:

Do what your heart desires. Afterall, we only live once. If you think that the monetary "loss" can be made up by the "gain" in satisfaction, then by all means. So, back to your question, Insane or not? The answer is simply NO !!!
Good luck

If you are willing to spend this 100k, keep your car and buy a new BMW bike. You will have double fun!

I think bro kwwong99 can afford losing few hundred K $$$ , if not he wont start this post. As it known u sure lose money when come to car ,just the quantum make the diff

Anyway bro , kwwong99 u need a God brother or not ah :rock:

INNOVATOR;245489 said:
Losing 100k after two months isn't worth it. If you change now or in 6months, your loss would be the same. Give it some time to see how these additional goodies in the new car work.

options:

1. go ahead get it
2. go for 530i instead of 525i
3. or go for m5
4. keep this ride, go for 335i, you'll have a great weekend car

the list can go on...but lets keep it to 4 for now:top: :top: :top:

If its ur hard earned money, dont throw it down the drain. There are a lot of charities out there which could use the extra RM100k.

Believe me , if u practise restraint now, 3 mths ahead u'll be happy you didnt do it.

If u still feel like it then, well what can I say.

u live life once... do it if u think it'll make u happy.. do it if everytime u drive yr car u think of another... ;) and obviously, do it if yr wallet is thick enuff with lotsa extras... but fr that amount of dough, u can sure get lotsa honeys ... :)

If $$$ is not a problem go for M5 and u wont think about changing whenever theres a new gadget introduce on a new facelift like head up display and etc.

My 2cent...

Be it your wallet is deep enough or not, dont go for the same thing twice... Even though they look totally different...

But if you still wanna go for it... Like fellow member suggest... Go for a 335i instead... You will LOVE it!

Oh... Sorry... Are you looking for enjoyment of ride or the look of it and the gadget in it? Thats something need to straighten up before making decision... Like why I go for 325i rather than 320i is because of the enjoyment of the ride and the gadget that come with it...

Hope I do give some help here.

Dear All

Thanks for all your advices. I really appreciate them. After considering and thinking deeply over the weekend, I have decided to take the advice of not going ahead with the upgrade - unless I am insane. Fortunately, I am NOT...not yet, for now.

I will go with the advice of upgrading my car after 2 or 3 years or more, subject to the release of a full model change, not just a facelift. As much as the temptation to buy a M5, this will burn a very deep hole in my pocket - and moreover, I am not into racing and spinning the car as one of my friends. I can make do with the current model, at least for the next 2 to 3 years.

Again, thanks a million for knocking some senses into my head.

Regards

bro, if the changes are not mechanical then what you can do is ask if they can be retrofitted to your car. I'm sure in the months to come, some enterprising person somewhere will be offering such upgrades!

axly

AB sure can, but it will cost me a bomb. It is not worthwhile retrofitting all those changes to my current drive. Even the original GPS installation alone will cost me RM25K!!

Regards

Hi Bro,

Glad to know that you're back on the ground and not drifting on cloud 9. Just be greatful with what you have cos' there are millions more out there can't even affort a kancil. Btw, how often do you use the GPS anyway? I have many friends that have the GPS and after a while they are too lazy to key in the details to use it.
I'm sure the complete model change unit will have many more inovations waiting for you in 3 yrs time....Cheers!

Top Bottom