Alternator problems

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

KiNaKa

Club Guest
Hallooo memberss, Have anyone have the experience when u are under traffic jam at night... insufficient electric supply to your car occured ???on the new year eve, it was traffic jam..my car's instrument cluster light, radio , head lamp , suddenly like no current supply...ok then slowly... the A/C compressor cut in and cut off....i feel curios then i just ram the RPM to higher, the all the interior & exterior lights is bright again... i suspect alternator problems coz i just replace the battery about 2 months ago... Any ideas from your side can determine ???thankssss

Originally posted by KiNaKa@Jan 3 2005, 10:19 AM
Hallooo memberss,

Have anyone have the experience when u are under traffic jam at night... insufficient electric supply to your car occured ???

on the new year eve, it was traffic jam..
my car's instrument cluster light, radio , head lamp , suddenly like no current supply...
ok then slowly... the A/C compressor cut in and cut off....

i feel curios then i just ram the RPM to higher, the all the interior & exterior lights is bright again...

i suspect alternator problems coz i just replace the battery about 2 months ago...

Any ideas from your side can determine ???
thankssss
i darenot say its ur alternator issue. if u hv a multimeter @home u cud check the battery voltage while engine off. shud be arnd 11.5++v

with the engine on, rev ur engine to 2-3k rpm.. now the alternator will start charging.. shud be arnd 13-14v. if battery voltage no increase, alternator side issue. cud be ur c/brush near kaput/barely touching... me e30 c/brush kaput b4...changed it to new 1, work fine till 2day.

good luck...

B)

oh i will try to check it again... thank you skinhead ! thanks

Top Bottom