Alpine White - Best Wax?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

primus2211

Club Guest
Hi folks,For those guys with Alpine White cars, what wax do you use? Which one offers:1) highest gloss level?2) best durability?3) minimal maintenance?Currently using Swissvax for the others, it has very high gloss but low on #2 and high on #3. Opinions would be much appreciated! :biggrin:

any diffrent bro using swissvax?i thought the wax only for the clear coating

ezzo369;707033 said:
any diffrent bro using swissvax?i thought the wax only for the clear coating

Definately! Swissvax produces a very deep glossy dark sheen for black or dark colored cars. Unfortunately it does not seem to work as well on light colors. On top of that it's soft wax and does not last very long between applications.

I don't have that much of idea about it as I have never done it myself, as it always goes to the garage for all sorts of things and it is included in that work.(I know very well that I can be lazy at times), but yes I do know that they use some wax as they have told me during discussion of this thing.

You're right about durability of swissvax, which is why i only use it on my weekend E30. It makes the red 'pop' like no other wax. Need to reapply after several shampoo wash tho.

0728.jpg

:top: Stumbled across this thread, and thought I'll chip in my 2cents.

Swissvax and any other carnaubas are not as durable as other synthetic waxes, sealants etc in our weather. But it has its strengths, such as that unbeatably rich, sophisticated glow on darker colours and vibrant colours such as on your Red E30. In our humid hot weather, carnauba waxes have to be re-applied very regularly and its great for hardcore genuine enthusiasts such as yourself who keep your cars immaculately maintained. Fyi...on your E30, we did extensive prep work first, followed by multiple layers of Zaino Z2Pro+ZFX and then Swissvax.

In reality, there's no LSPs that can significantly "transform" any white paintwork.
If you want the highest level of looks on any white finishes, look into the quality of your paintjob first.

Then, you'll have to extensively prep the surface first....wet-sanding, compounding etc. This'll give you the most significant aesthetic improvement before going into the cosmetics (waxes, sealants etc) that'll only give a marginal increase in glossiness on white finishes.

Note: Certain LSPs might bead water very impressively and last a long time, BUT, makes it very difficult to remove the usual stains. Many of my experienced customers who wash their white cars 3-4 times weekly don't even want any LSPs!!!....the paintwork is extensively sanded and prepped to achieve that wet-look, and they just use spray-type detailers. No waxes, no sealants etc. Such cars never had any problems with stubborn stains and watermark problems, and look great consistently throughout the week.

- - - Updated - - -

In reality, there's no LSPs that can significantly "transform" any white paintwork.
If you want the highest level of looks on any white finishes, look into the quality of your paintjob first.

Then, you'll have to extensively prep the surface first....wet-sanding, compounding etc. This'll give you the most significant aesthetic improvement before going into the cosmetics (waxes, sealants etc) that'll only give a marginal increase in glossiness on white finishes.

Note: Certain LSPs might bead water very impressively and last a long time, BUT, makes it very difficult to remove the usual stains. Many of my experienced customers who wash their white cars 3-4 times weekly don't even want any LSPs!!!....the paintwork is extensively sanded and prepped to achieve that wet-look, and they just use spray-type detailers. No waxes, no sealants etc. Such cars never had any problems with stubborn stains and watermark problems, and look great consistently throughout the week.

plutoII;851971 said:

I'm gonna need this soon bro... my prev black car that you did has just been replaced with a white one.... :20:

andrewk;852206 said:
I'm gonna need this soon bro... my prev black car that you did has just been replaced with a white one.... :20:

Sure, Andrew.
Just gimme a call anytime!

Top Bottom