Alphard vs Estima vs Better Not Buy

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moonraker

Club Guest
Hi everybodiI am thinking of getting either 2004 Alphard or 2004 Estima for the wife. Presently she is using the lousy tincan Toyota Avanza. Any comments which mpv to get?Alphard or Estima? Expensive to maintain? I heard that the Alphard 3 liter is a fuel Guzzler like the X5? Initailly I was thinking of E60 520 for the wife. But after visiting 3 dealers incl na za, I found out 520 is not a good idea as it has engine issues known in this region and expensive to mantain. I have been pointed at the Estima or Alphard or even the Odyssey instead. Any thoughts about the mpvs above?:wink:

Alphard 2.4 VVTL-i

get the facelift front headlights, and rear hybrid lights.

check the doors (auto moving) for wear n tear.

if your budget's around rm150kish, consider also the caldina gt4, honda stream rs, and the wish. really depends on what you're looking for.

big is better

moonraker;363742 said:
Hi everybodi

Alphard or Estima? Expensive to maintain? I heard that the Alphard 3 liter is a fuel Guzzler like the X5?

Initailly I was thinking of E60 520 for the wife. But after visiting 3 dealers incl na za, I found out 520 is not a good idea as it has engine issues known in this region and expensive to mantain. I have been pointed at the Estima or Alphard or even the Odyssey instead.

Any thoughts about the mpvs above?:wink:

Moonraker, Alphard ... better choice. Resale is stronger. Seems people who don want it be4 now want! Harrier2004 used to be cool (now no more lar) :listen: Driving the Alphard 2004 upwards is equally good. Roadholding is just as good! Estima later model- dashboards are futuristic.
Only the Estima 2004 to 2005 drive more comfortably due to softer suspension.

No, Alphard 2.4 drink more oil then 3.0l, my friend told me, don't buy 2.4l one, the car is under power and with bad fuel comsumption~!!!

what's the price now for Alphard 2.4? let say yr 2005? are they reliable?

Spaceman;364196 said:
what's the price now for Alphard 2.4? let say yr 2005? are they reliable?

Bro, Alphard 2.4 year 05 price is between 170k-190k, however the price for 05 Alphard 3.0 is between 230k-260k depand on the spec~!!! In other hand, few of my friend who own alphard told me, no big problem for them until today, just some minor repair on the car, so I must said alphard is quite a reliable car:top:~!!!

2009 New Alphard is out, this is meaner!

3.jpg

4 me .. women driven better Wish compares other 2 ... Estima n Alphard,

Cause of your choices, sorry but I just HAVE to ask. Haha. How big is your family bro? Those cars, I mean, vans can fit whole football team wei. =p Get your darling wife a z3. Hehe.

I think 4 women better driven Wish compare other 2 big Head locomotiv...

alphard is like an audi a8, bmw 7er, estima is for people who drive unser then suddenly win first prize in da ma cai

Estima is more suitable for lady, get 3.0 you never regret of power, but prepare to go petrol pump more often, 5km/L in town.

Alpina B5

Are u always such an a$$hole. Why must look down on ppl? So what if ppl drive an Unser or an Avanza or Estima or even a Naza Ria? Coz at that point in time thats what they could afford and it serves the purpose.

U shud be fxxking thankful u have a car to drive coz i know a lot of nice people who only ride motorbikes and stay in a rented flat. Do not go around condemning ppl coz they dont drive a BMW.

And u are also showing ur 'greatness' in other forums too. What goes around comes around. You may be able to afford all you have now. In time to come you may not.

I just cannot tahan him for being so arrogant. He displays this 'behavior' in other forums also. Always nothing nice to say, very biased opinions and unproductive comments.

Well I guess having a$$holes like him shows how 'intelligent' some people can be. People are asking for honest opinions on a certain car because they intend to buy one. Weighing the pros and cons of each will make it more succeptable to avoid any unforeseen mishaps that might occur during the ownership of the particular vehicle. Every one does it.

We should all be helpful in this forum to our members coz some of us have those cars. So bashing up someone's hope of buying this car is just not right. So if everyone buys an Estima he struck lottery? Then what about those still driving Unsers? Don't try to be a car critic and rub in unintelligent comments to dampens people's hope for buying a new car.

Top Bottom