Allianz and Insurance Related ...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Orion

Club Guest
It's time to renew the insurance ... Allianz called me up to offer their service. With NCB on, the car [320i] is insured for RM180K. [They proposed RM191K]But I do have a few questions - 1. Is Allianz one of the better ones? Have anyone here tried other companies?2. Windscreen coverage is RM750 - kind of expensive! 3. "Road Warrior" coverage for car break downs - is this really necessary? Since BMW does offer this service as well, right? This thing costs RM168.4. Flood - a whopping RM900, unlikely to go for it. Just need to be sure that I do roof top parking in flood prone areas! The break down :1. Insurance RM2729 after NCB2. Windscreen RM7503. Flood - RM9004. Road Warrior RM1695. Road tax RM377All in, with stamp duty, additional driver etc, comes to about RM4.8K. Thanks for all your advice and feedback.

Windscreen is 15% of the coverage. So for RM750, your windscreen coverage is RM5000. If the windscreen can be replaced under RM5K, you can ask them to reduce the coverage.

Oh, and the 10% is also applicable if you renew yourself at the branch counter.

Going to renew my next month and also in the market to scout for the best deals around. Etiqa is one of the good ones recommended by members but the free towing service is abit of a let down (only free for 50km, additional KM for RM3/km, limited to 3 times a year). However, you will be able to get a 10% rebate of the premium if you renew it online via M2U.

IINM, by default all BMW cars sold locally are under Allianz. Never tried them before so maybe the rest can comment on them. Flood coverage is normally about 0.5% of the car's insured value.

I remember read somewere in the forum that the new windscreen for E90 (with rain sensor) is in the range of RM4-5k. Based on online insurance calcullator, premium of RM750 covers up to RM5k. Do remember to add in the cost of tint as well into the coverage if you wished to cover for that.

My old junk use this insurance

scan0001mo.jpg

scan0002nv.jpg

I was a loyal Kurnia customer until recently they decided to charge a whopping 30% loading for my 16 year old ride. Kurnia even rejected my letter of appeal eventho i was their loyal customer for the past 10++ years and all my rides inclusive of my family's cars were under the same umbrella. Their reason was that i was only on their motor insurance and none of their other products....bs.

I've changed to Allianz two years back and they only charge 15% loading, Allianz agent is one of our OM's:)

Had accident to less than year old e90 in jan 2013. Sent to ingress. Workshop supervisor told me his work is easiest if insurer is ingress. Paperwork and approval a lot faster. True indeed my repairs went fairly smooth. For me, when shit hits the fan, Allianz seems like a good choice.

Bro, might to know year of your car & which model? My e90 lci m sport manufacture 2010 quoted me 173k. Is it reasonable value?

jeffreyewe;813719 said:
I was a loyal Kurnia customer until recently they decided to charge a whopping 30% loading for my 16 year old ride. Kurnia even rejected my letter of appeal eventho i was their loyal customer for the past 10++ years and all my rides inclusive of my family's cars were under the same umbrella. Their reason was that i was only on their motor insurance and none of their other products....bs.

I've changed to Allianz two years back and they only charge 15% loading, Allianz agent is one of our OM's:)

Who Who?? Lets TT my insurance expiring soon

Reviving old thread.

Next month my car insurance would be due and am still wondering if I should stick with Allianz or opt for cheaper alternative online renewal websites?

My other two japs are with renewed by https://www.motortakaful.com/

Advise pls.

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Reviving old thread.

Next month my car insurance would be due and am still wondering if I should stick with Allianz or opt for cheaper alternative online renewal websites?

My other two japs are with renewed by https://www.motortakaful.com/

Advise pls.

thanks

I use MyEg, and insurance quote is cheaper than other agent (agent charging service charge), MyEg will suggest few insurance co for you to choose, you can include windscreen or special perils if you want to cover. Its fast, within 2 days can get road tax sticker. My present insurer is AIG. Other road assistance service like towing is standard like others.

Top Bottom