ALERT: Need help in catching an impostor using my number plate JEP 5005 on highway

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

unkle_uber

Club Guest
Good day fellow BMW enthusiasts,I have a BMW 528i Silver with an M5 bodykit with 19" rims. Lately, i have been using the website called myeg.com.my to check out my summons.Through the website, it was reported that my number plate was caught via the AES system on the 27th of April '12 and 27th of November '12. I was looking at the pictures provided by the website, and to my surprise, the picture in the car is not mine. It had a stock standard front bumper, tinted tail lights, single exhaust on the left, and no "shark fin - antenna" on the roof, whereas for mine, i had a full M5 bodykit with ACS front splitter, 19" rims, quad exhaust, shark fin antenna on roof and non tinted tail lights. I've reported this incident to the police already and have a full police report statement and they will be investigating the case. This matter has also been posted on Kurazmotorsports which is a motorsports cum motor enthusiasts facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=516458145039509&set=a.254533367898656.68849.254423777909615&type=1&theater
391979_516458145039509_1186479102_n.png
This impostor has been using my plates since April this year and for God knows what other things he has done, apart from speeding "safely" on the highway without getting caught, he might have used my plates to carry out illegal activities.If you have any idea or have seen this car near your area, please PM me and necessary actions will be taken by the police through your help.This are the pictures of the impostor using my plates.
27thApril2012.jpg
27thNovember2012.jpg
Both pictures caught by the AES system was at Batu Pahat area.Your help would be much appreciated.And a tip of advise, don't post your number plates when you are selling your car. I guess this is how this idiot decided to use my plates on his car since both are the same colour and model. it is very likely that this guy came across this thread below.This is my sale thread:http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?45955-WTS-BMW-E39-528i-(reluctant-sale)

now that you have posted it here, the imposter is aware and will switch to his ori or other number, yo will never catch him....think about it

it could be someone who had viewed your car and would had ask a photocopy of ya registration number and ever since that he's already using that number ...try to remember ..

If you have a police report, then the car is "marked". I wonder what happen if the police stop you instead of the impostor.
You will have a hard time explaining to the police that you are the real owner since I doubt that the police can differentiate
a M5 bodykit and normal body kit. especially both are BMW and same colour.

Do you know you can ask for a picture of the driver driving the car from AES. Would love to see who is the driver.

ICEMAN 68;790455 said:
it could be someone who had viewed your car and would had ask a photocopy of ya registration number and ever since that he's already using that number ...try to remember ..
thanks for the tip of advice. I think i know who it have been already roughly.

The cop will find the person very soon.

ICEMAN 68;790455 said:
i don't understand how the above actions correspond to this crime? it can be anybody to copy use the plate number.

huskar3399;790569 said:
i don't understand how the above actions correspond to this crime? it can be anybody to copy use the plate number.

i went through once with such case when i sold my honda a long time ago ...the person came and viewed my car and ask me for the registration copy, hence upon this he duplicated somehow ..i'm not sure how and don't ask me .... but all i knew that i got a call from the police station claiming i'm involved in an accident and when i rushed to the police station i was shocked to see that the same number was being used on a Honda bike which was sold by this bogus person that i meet ...and that person who was involved in that accident had the grant with him which had been altered ...

my mistake was i did not cross the registration out ...

what was the modus operandi ... ummm not sure but it could be something as above ...maybe a same BMW with that number had been sold to someone out there ....

I dont know that there is an AES camera in my area....will inform u if i find the impostor unker.

My friend also encountered this problem. His car is alpensilver e39 with stock standard setup. The impostor use the same reg number in his white AC kitted e39. My friend only realized when his runner checked in myeg.my, 2 speeding summons and some parking summons.

Ended up my friend change his car number from wilayah number to new penang number.

Dunno who is faking who.. any discrete possibility that u bought a fake without knowing it?

Unlike a Myvi, every housing estate only a handful of e39, let alone a silver unit with semi msport bumper. High possibility its still in Johor. Those who read this and living in JH, please help report if you spotted a silver e39 with msport bumper bearing JEP5005 in your neighborhood.

JFT63;790572 said:
I dont know that there is an AES camera in my area....will inform u if i find the impostor unker.
thanks bro, some of his E39's features are:

1. Tinted/smoked tail lights
2. Single exhaust muffler on left hand side
3. Mini trunk/boot lip
4. Black kidney front grilles
5. Stock front bumper with two horizontal lines.

Thanks, and do let me know if you happen to see it. If you could, snap a picture of the driver or car.

Cheers

astroboy;790583 said:
Dunno who is faking who.. any discrete possibility that u bought a fake without knowing it?

Unlike a Myvi, every housing estate only a handful of e39, let alone a silver unit with semi msport bumper. High possibility its still in Johor. Those who read this and living in JH, please help report if you spotted a silver e39 with msport bumper bearing JEP5005 in your neighborhood.
I bought this car through my mechanic who has full history of the vehicle and the previous owner was a Doctor. I trust my mechanic (whom has serviced all our family continentals) for not selling a fake to me. I have the geran/registration card as well.

unkle_uber;790644 said:
thanks bro, some of his E39's features are:

1. Tinted/smoked tail lights
2. Single exhaust muffler on left hand side
3. Mini trunk/boot lip
4. Black kidney front grilles
5. Stock front bumper with two horizontal lines.

Thanks, and do let me know if you happen to see it. If you could, snap a picture of the driver or car.

Cheers

OkY, thanks for the info..will recce this sleepy town for this matter.

mashboiler;790649 said:
If u want to catch the guy, ask the car repossesser. They have good network

yes bro, thats a brilliant idea.

Top Bottom