Aircon too cold!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

johannong

Club Guest
Hi, I am now only discovered that my E46 1.9l 318i does not have the temprature control. The cold is always there and changing the digital thermostat reading from the control does not do a thing! It just cold cold cold! Is it something wrong with the temperature controller?thanks alot for feedback!

Hey BMW, thanks and yes cold is always better. But my concern here is to get help on my aircon thermostat/controller. Something is wrong and it's ought to get solution, right!

Hi there. It is normal that way since Im also using the same model as yours. just put to desire temperature and push the "AUTO" button. that way the aircond will react to the temperature that u key in

johannong;450405 said:
Hi, I am now only discovered that my E46 1.9l 318i does not have the temprature control. The cold is always there and changing the digital thermostat reading from the control does not do a thing! It just cold cold cold! Is it something wrong with the temperature controller?
thanks alot for feedback!

My advice is U have to ensure thermostat sensor which is located at left side of audio system in good and clean condition.

Hi Silver, I do notice that little hole is full of dusk. Perhaps after I vacuumed and it should work better. I will try after work also. Thanks for the piece of advice. Can't be putting up sweater in the afternoon all the time..

hi u r lucky than me loh....coz ur aiecond very cold....wah syok...well my e46 going crazy coz sometimes very hot like im in oven sometimes not very cold.....

Better get it sorted out fast, you are wasting fuel and shortening aircond compressor life which doesn't come cheap.

sasha7800;455102 said:
hi u r lucky than me loh....coz ur aiecond very cold....wah syok...well my e46 going crazy coz sometimes very hot like im in oven sometimes not very cold.....

If too cold they ask to use sweater. If too hot like oven, I wonder whats their advise ... no shirt la senang, hahahaaa.

hi astroboy, thanks. I went to mechanic last weekend. The guy tried to change out the two pcs of temperature sensors which cost about RM300. At the end during the post test, the compressor still behave the same even cranking up the temperature at 32d C. So confirmed not the sensor problem. Checked the hot water pipe to see if it has bypassed, confirmed all as original as they are. Haisay, wonder what has gone wrong. You are right, time is short and fuel is burning! Wish if anyone else could help!

Top Bottom