Airbag indicator light on full time

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

taggnas

Club Guest
Dear All, Since yesterday afternoon, the airbag indicator light on the dashboard has come on full time. Its rather annoying driving with that indicator on full time. Before I get the car diagnose this weekend, was wondering if anyone else what to share their experiences of the same thing happening to their E46. What was the problem? And how much did it cost?I am driving a Year 2000 E46. Thanks.

it is the sensor under ur seats. it is cylinder sensor type to control the airbags and your seats. this is what my mechanic said..until now i havent repair it yet coz the cost to change the sensor is RM800. just pretend did not see the indicator. too expensive for those small cyliders.. try to diagnose it and share with me in this thread..thanks

Get it reset first. if the alarm still comes ON after you reset, the diagnostic tool will tell you what is the actual problem.

BTW, did you remove any seat, door panel or steering wheel prior to the alarm coming ON.

join the club.. mine's on too. check the wiring harness below the seat... I need to reset mine too.. better get it fixed. you never know when you will be thankful for having airbags.

@Laneza... wow! RM800?? But can't la bro! Its too annoying to see it. It is like as my poor "baby" is not feeling well. :)

@Jarance... thanks for the advice! No la bro.. I didn't remove any of those things you had mentioned. It just decide to come when I started my car yesterday afternoon.

@Affan66... so true.

Had the same problem for my E36 318i. Previously fixed it by fixxing some wiring issue under the seats. Then, the light came off twice:-

a) When a mineral water bottle rolled under the seat, touching the wiring
b) When one of the occupant's foot touched the wiring....

Now too lazy to get it reset. I think I need to tidy up the wiring under my seat.

reset mine today and so far okay. sometimes, it is just the wire that got loose. Do you have anything under your seat that could have accidently pulled the wire?

Thanks Russie and Affan66... will check and keep you posted. Will do it later... too hot now :)

Do a diagnose and see which airbag unit is triggering the error... from there u would know whether its the wiring under your seat, door panel, windscreen pillar unit, or your front airbag (steering, left passenger dash). Do a reset first. If its the steering airbag, the failure may be permanent if the light keeps coming back. If the light is gone then good for you.... I have a used steering airbag unit if u need one...

cheers

Top Bottom