Air Filter - stock/paper type (ori)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

stephen

Club Guest
at what mileage are we supposed to change the stock air filter?I asked the Mechanic at M-Speed last saturday and he opened it (not easy to open unlike Protons) and it looked all black and very dirty to me. So i had it changed to new original ones. The colour is yellow. RM120. My Mileage is 68,600kms by the way. Car feels so much better. Of course part of the better feel came from the new engine oil change at the same time.

Change every oil change lah if u want ur car to be efficient always. Air filters are not costly also, after all your oil change interval is also around 25000km.

U might want to check the price of the air filter from BMW parts suppliers - might be cheaper by as much as 30%.

O.T.
Discovered that many years ago when I first asked about the price of the clutch plate assembly for my e21. Workshop quoted RM650, as did Auto Bavaria. Got it for RM426. Car servicing is where most workshops make a lot of money, even the independent (i.e., non - Auto Bavaria/BMW Malaysia). It is extremely rare to find a mechanic that will not make some margin on the parts.

Back to topic:

Your user manual would indicate the duration/lfe of the airfilter - usually with a caveat on the driving conditions - more dusty, the shorter the lifespan.

If u have some mechanical aptitude, u could take the air filter out and suck out some of the dirt (from the dirty side, of course), or you could just tap the filter onto the floor to dislodge the larger dust particles.

Guys,

is it good if i change my air filter to K&N or maintain to the original filter??

U can use K&N filter, but fuel consumption will sliughtly higher.

prefer u get the graphite or poly-propallene open pod filter.

those normal steel cap one will cause your engine no power during afternoon because the all the heat will concentrate on the steel cap area & got sucked into ur engine.

Top Bottom