Air Cond blower problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rubes72

Club Guest
dear Sifus,Having a problem with my air-cond recently, tried searching the forums for an answer but couldn't fine anyone with this problem. The problem is that there is no air coming from the vent. When the car is moving there is cold air, but have to set the mode to fresh air. Also when the weather is hot, have to set temp to 30deg for the flaps to open to allow fresh air in. I've confirmed that my blower is functioning, tested it manually it turns. The climate control works, cause when I increase the temp. the fan speed indicator changes although there is no air blowing. Can anybody help me on this. Thanks

rubes72;192946 said:
dear Sifus,

Having a problem with my air-cond recently, tried searching the forums for an answer but couldn't fine anyone with this problem. The problem is that there is no air coming from the vent. When the car is moving there is cold air, but have to set the mode to fresh air. Also when the weather is hot, have to set temp to 30deg for the flaps to open to allow fresh air in. I've confirmed that my blower is functioning, tested it manually it turns. The climate control works, cause when I increase the temp. the fan speed indicator changes although there is no air blowing. Can anybody help me on this. Thanks

the problem with aircon, even if we could tell you the exact problem, its probably not a DIY job.. best get an expert to look at it.. naidu seems to be the best around i think, unless you know someone else.

rubes72;192946 said:
dear Sifus,

Having a problem with my air-cond recently, tried searching the forums for an answer but couldn't fine anyone with this problem. The problem is that there is no air coming from the vent. When the car is moving there is cold air, but have to set the mode to fresh air. Also when the weather is hot, have to set temp to 30deg for the flaps to open to allow fresh air in. I've confirmed that my blower is functioning, tested it manually it turns. The climate control works, cause when I increase the temp. the fan speed indicator changes although there is no air blowing. Can anybody help me on this. Thanks

Hi, my E60 had the same problem on the morning of chinese new year eve. Blower not working on auto mode when I started the car in the morning but when I set the fan speed manually, it works. So, I took the car out for a drive, putting it back on auto mode and POOF!, it worked again.........till now, weird! Dunno what happened but if anyone here knows anything about this weird blower behavior, please do shed some light. Thanks.

Regards.

Check the aircond resistor. I think its gone. If there's no air but the compressor is running, this is the culprit.

Well finally back from offshore, took my car to Naidu and replaced one faulty resistor, damage RM 250

Top Bottom