aftermarket anti-glare rear-view mirror

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GasWombat

Club Guest
are there any aftermarket anti-glare rear-view mirrors that can be installed on an e36, 325i?if yes, how much is it?

Yrs dont have meh? Mine already original fitted. I thought all bimmer got.
mine is e36. Will try to check it out when go to accessories.

gas wombat, i used to sell the after market auto-dim rear view mirror. i still have some stocks in my house. used to have it on my wira, perdana n now on my zafira. not on my e46 coz e46 has one but it is not as good as the after market ones......

but anyway, i'm in jb n u are in kl. how to sell..........

fabian, yes....i'm referring to auto dim rearview mirror.

mine is ckd model, so me thinks auto bavaria was cheapskate and install normal one only.

the autodimming on the E36 came in the later models circa 1996 onwards. had it in my 1996 318 before I changed to a 1994 325 which did not have one.
I don't think you can retrofit the OEM from BMW because there is a wire that powers the rear view mirror somehow unless the car has it pre-wired. Not sure.

halo guys, to install auto-dim rear view mirror is so dmn easy. any car can be used ie: ferrari, vw beetle, truck, lorry, maybach, savvy, almost any vehicles.

all u need to do is:
there are 2 wires, one connects to earth n another one is to be connected to one of the fuses.

each unit rm200

eddiefiola bro....
u still got how many units left ah???
can this be retrofitted to an e30??? :D
is it possible to post it to me in kl ah???

rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by eddiefiola@Mar 24 2006, 11:41 PM
halo guys, to install auto-dim rear view mirror is so dmn easy. any car can be used ie: ferrari, vw beetle, truck, lorry, maybach, savvy, almost any vehicles.

all u need to do is:
there are 2 wires, one connects to earth n another one is to be connected to one of the fuses.

each unit rm200
since they r so cheap and resonable price,can u post the pix for us to see??? :p

Originally posted by Raymond@M-BeasT@Mar 24 2006, 01:32 PM
my E46 japan spec tak ada pun.. :cry: :cry:
You mean yours has the tab beneath the mirror for you to flip when there's glare?

If I'm not mistaken, I recall that the E46 international brochure says that anti-glare rear view mirror is standard on all E46s?

to be fair.. you just need the original bmw unit and get it installed..

very simple.. just two wires, only one set back.. the reverse mode does not work.. can't find the right wire to loop it..

need a sample car that's originally fitted..

On the standard version, it dims the lights from the rear, but only at night.

Secondly, it will revert back to normal undimmed if you engage reverse, even at night.

Smart feature.

if i go to kl, i bring the mirrors. otherwise, if u come down to jb, give me a call. also otherwise, follow pussy's way. get the the original bmw unit and get it installed..

but 1 thing for sure, aftermarket auto-dim rear view mirror is much much better than the one that i have in my e46......

Top Bottom