Advice on E46 325 + mods

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chris1

Club Guest
Hi guys,I normally post on the E90 forum. I know there are a lot of threads on the topic already, but i am hoping for some advice that is more specific to my needs. I'm thinking of getting a 2003/04 E46 325 for about 130-140k & doing it up real nice. Now don't eat me alive for being crazy and please correct me if what i plan to do is not feasible, but i'm thinking of: 1) as a 1st step to change some of the engine components to brand new ones i.e. conrods, piston + rings, camshaft, electrical wiring looms all round, oil & water pump and some critical sensors. 2) change front & rear lower arms, linkages + bushings. Then install sport suspensions (KW?) & 18 inch rims (AC's)3) a transmission overhaul...either just do a thorough tranny oil flush + gasket change or get a recond transmission unit. I don't think getting a brand new unit will be economically feasible (25-30k?)4) lastly - install bodykit & respray the whole car to a color of my choice.Anyone can put some sense into my head & advice me whether what i hope to do makes sense & how much (ballpark) the above 4 steps will cost me? Think 30k will do it?Thanks in advance.

I will do 2) and change the cooling system components (radiator, coolant expansion tank, hoses, water pump, thermostat) first. I won't flush the tranny oil too but put it new oil instead.

The car should be fine at this stage without doing a tranny or engine overhaul.
Save the money and pimp it with step 4).

Top Bottom