Advice on changing rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bond8855

Club Guest
hi bros,getting my car next week... so looking into changing the rims and springs... already surveyed the market and got a set of rims i'm interested in...before that, need to know roughly how many of you changed your rims to aftermarket ones right after taking delivery of your car...reason being i'm still having nagging thoughts about the warranty related to the suspension of the car (read some posts about steering rack issues, etc)...or should i drive around for a few weeks and if there's no rattling / knocking sounds then only do i change the rims and springs?any help is much appreciated....thanks.... :top:

Already changed rims 1 week upon receipt ;) fingers crossed everything works so far!

Hehe I think I'll definitely change my rims.. most probably gonna change to 19" rays homura.. fell in love with the design...

bond8855;845755 said:
Hehe I think I'll definitely change my rims.. most probably gonna change to 19" rays homura.. fell in love with the design...

Make sure the wheels is made for your car and the offset is correct. Avoid using spacer for the installation. Good luck.

splee;845782 said:
Make sure the wheels is made for your car and the offset is correct. Avoid using spacer for the installation. Good luck.

yup the rays i checked out fits f30 perfectly... definitely not gonna use spacers...
thanks for the reminder...

splee;845782 said:

yup the rays i checked out fits f30 perfectly... definitely not gonna use spacers...
thanks for the reminder...

bond8855;845674 said:
hi bros,

getting my car next week... so looking into changing the rims and springs... already surveyed the market and got a set of rims i'm interested in...
before that, need to know roughly how many of you changed your rims to aftermarket ones right after taking delivery of your car...
reason being i'm still having nagging thoughts about the warranty related to the suspension of the car (read some posts about steering rack issues, etc)...

or should i drive around for a few weeks and if there's no rattling / knocking sounds then only do i change the rims and springs?

any help is much appreciated....

thanks.... :top:

if ure worried about warranty, i think its better to keep the car as it is for now. ^_^

guys,
i'm in a dilemma now... which of these two wheels would look better on a red f30?

rays homura:

rays g07ex

appreciate any feedback on this matter....

thanks a lot...

If u intend to use the Homura rims on the F30 the problem u will face is that the lug nut head is too short n thus the socket used to open the nuts will scratch the rim. Also the lock nut cant be used.

splee;846107 said:
IMO the second rim looks bigger and more garang than the first.

Hehe that's the rim I went for... just paid for it altho still haven't collected my car yet... had the same view as you... the homuras somehow looks a bit "soft"..

bond8855;846146 said:
Hehe that's the rim I went for... just paid for it altho still haven't collected my car yet... had the same view as you... the homuras somehow looks a bit "soft"..

Good choice. So is it 18 or 19? And care to share how much you pay for it?

Top Bottom