advice on buying latest 7 series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chookleng

Club Guest
hi all sifu

i've been missing for so long from here, here im back again. this time on advice for where to look since am looking for recond. it be much easier if i have budget for new car.

actually which is better better built as choice "UK vs Japan"? im looking for a must criteria night vision + hud. please enlighten me if u aware where got sell this car? i appreciate much on all the help here. i really need badly as i be carless come this mid nov since i had sold my 5 series to a friend. plz advice

personally i would stay away from grey imports. I assume that you are looking for a 740li (730li is of lower spec and the 750li you have to pay higher roadtax and spare parts also more expensive, since its a v8 and the engine is not commonly used)

the 740li has a 3 litre in-line 6 twin turbo engine which uses direct injection. For direct injection or diesel powered cars, you are better off getting a local spec one. Even our petrol has high sulfur content which is different from the petrol found in UK or Japan.

gimli said:
personally i would stay away from grey imports. I assume that you are looking for a 740li (730li is of lower spec and the 750li you have to pay higher roadtax and spare parts also more expensive, since its a v8 and the engine is not commonly used)

the 740li has a 3 litre in-line 6 twin turbo engine which uses direct injection. For direct injection or diesel powered cars, you are better off getting a local spec one. Even our petrol has high sulfur content which is different from the petrol found in UK or Japan.
gimli, may i ask what do you do..? seems to know something about diesel content... enlighten please

Hi gimil, y no to grey importer over 740li? I used to own 525i e60 past 7 years from Japan unreg and no prob untill sold off recently in hope to get 740li unreg. If brand new...that be too steep to own one

hi alan,
i wanted to get a 320d, so I did a lot of research, most of the info that i get is from the internet and from my mechanic (who is also my friend). he was having some problems with a grey import x6 35d. engine check light always come out and have loss of power. until today still cannot settle. Initially he thought that removing the particulate filter is all that is required, but he found out also have to re-program the ecu. very complicated. I have also seen Q7 Tdi having the same problem (loss of power due to the DPF getting clogged). workshop still cannot settle.

chookleng,
the 525i e60 uses a normally aspirated n52b25 engine, so you don't have to worry about the injectors getting clogged.

BTW check out this link:-
http://paultan.org/2010/05/11/bmws-n52-versus-n53-what-are-we-missing/

this has nothing to do with the f02 as it doesn't use n53 (which is direct injection) engine. but i have seen a lot of AP holders bringing in e60's & f10's which uses n53 engine, even though its not meant to be used in Malaysia (that is why BMW malaysia never brought in the n53 engine and were still using the n52 for the f10 523i & 528i). The point that I am trying to make is that AP holders don't care! once you buy, you are on your own.

Bro am still hunting fo 7 series. Suppose getting in on feb but good friend of mine ask me to wait till this april as car price will be slightly cheaper. I had my eye on one car and need advice. Between what different between 740i vs 740li? Seem tis 740i got more spec, lane assist, HUD, night vision etc.

Plz advice n any thought on this? http://www.mudah.my/BMW+740i+Full+Spec-33948743.htm

Hi chookleng,

Been awhile since I've seen your nick pop up....hehe

The Li version means it's a long wheel based version, a couple of inches more rear legroom.

As for the specs, it could be that the previous owner in UK selected all the options to be fitted hence you get a full spec car.

Happy hunting bro and do update this thread

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally.. F02.. Diesel.. 730Ld

its a huge buffalo.. i repeat.. its a huge Buffalo..

Floats like a butterfly.. plenty of torque.. consumption makes me smile...

i repeat floats like a butterfly.. handles like eel on tiles.. yucksss.. either its the stupid Conti tyres.. or really crappy supension. I am thinking to change to Titans as all of my other rides.. but have to figure out the air suspension and signal canceller first.

Any brothers wanna share their experience on F02?

at this point of time if anyone offers me 200K for it.. i am selling.. seriously. a little regret

bro local or grey import?? I have driven 730Ld before, handling is definitely better than the w221. Obviously its no F10 or F30.....

those interested, send me an email at alan@alltanksolutions.com.my i will revert details there.

or 012-7177082

Anyone here can explain to me on the spec tat i obtain from vin? I try to understand but dont seem to get too much of it from bmw vin decoding. Its vin C349051. If all ok i be dealing wit the direct owner within tis sept. I was hoping it come with cool hud, night vision, 4 soft power door, keyless start, power boot.

Bro alan, thx for calling up on me the other days. Im driving from jb to kl..n at genting currently till tis fri. Lol...bro how much ur yearly maintenance average cost u for 5 years old above car with ur 7'er

if you are doing 30K a year, on top of fuel,

routine maintenance is about 600 x 3 =1800
One set of tyres .. yes they wears them out pretty fast... approx 6000 for non rft. 9000 for rft
Nitty gritty within engine and transmission 3000-4000
others 2000

so about 13000 per year on top of fuel min.

chookleng, C349051 do not come with HUD.

decent car. basic 7er.. which is higher than any normal cars on the road.

decent price.. 200K

Top Bottom