Accident Repair in BMW Service Centre - Courtesy Car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rusminag

Club Guest
Just need to check, based on members experience, is it a standard for BMW to issue courtesy car if your car is under accident repair claim?

rusminag;767268 said:
Just need to check, based on members experience, is it a standard for BMW to issue courtesy car if your car is under accident repair claim?

No.

1. it‘s not manufacturer‘s fault that your car end up in accident. unless u can prove otherwise. Even car ended in workshop due to warranty claim also subjected to courtesy car availability. My brand new E90 was left over night in SC for warranty claim more than 4 times but never get courtesy car. What model u driving? The more expensive variant stand a better chance of getting a courtesy car.

2. u can claim loss of car use during the repair period, of RM40/day if not wrong to subsidise your commuting with public transport. Not for u to rent another BMW. SC will give u a letter to confirm the repair period.

Having said the above. A lady friend‘s brand new Civic side mirror got knocked off by mat rempits.. need to place the car in Subang SC over night due to part and labor shortage. since the SC think its dangerous to drive around without side mirror, they loan her a City for a day.

My 320d skidded and hit Elite divider. The Insurance authorised workshop handling it and give me a sentra to use. Just wonder that I may send to BMW and may get F30 as courtesy car...he.. he...

Only 3 authorised dealers has body shop that is allowed to work on cars that claim insurance.

1. AB Glenmarie
2. Ingress Auto
3. Wearnes Auto

The last being new hence most desperate in the list and also very willing to work with this car club to provide extra value added service for our paid member. Good luck!

I may not claiming my insurance after all... Reserving my NCD... Any rules of thumb on when to go for insurance claim or not?

rusminag;767280 said:
I may not claiming my insurance after all... Reserving my NCD... Any rules of thumb on when to go for insurance claim or not?

1. The extend of damage, repair cast must exceed loss of NCB for the the next couple of years.

2. Is there 3rd party involved that will claim your insurance? If yes, u might as well claim along since NCB is gone anyway.

Astroboy,

Will a simple bodyworks cause any warranty issue? Too lazy to check from the warranty booklet..

Thanks

Don't get ur question. Warranty is for manufacturer‘s defect.. how your simple body work lead to manufacturer‘s defect? Rust warranty perhaps..

rusminag;767272 said:
My 320d skidded and hit Elite divider. The Insurance authorised workshop handling it and give me a sentra to use. Just wonder that I may send to BMW and may get F30 as courtesy car...he.. he...

Get your care out from the insurance workshop! Send it to ingress.. Call SIVA 012 298 3685, RepairManager.. Can mention my name to him..

Top Bottom