Absorbers for e90 325i Msport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kevincek

Club Guest
Hello people,

Yes i have done some research, however im still overwhelmed by the differences between them. Im currently running at 2007 made e90 325i msport suspension setup.
Noticed the ride is extremely harsh, went to the dealer and found it 2 shocks are leaking badly, he quoted me rm3.3k for a full oem absorber change ( with mounting, cover bush etc) including labour, thats for all 4 sides.

However before spending i'd like to know any other shocks i should be looking at. And if so, why? i personally prefer a balance of comfort and performance so no need to mention any sporty shocks, i heard the LCI models of the Msport have improved in terms of comfort, is this true? and if so, what shocks are they on?

Things i'd like to know are
1) Whats the standard shocks im running on right now? (Msport 325i from factory (2007))
2) What should i be looking for in a shock?
3) If there are better shocks that you recommend, what are they and why? ( state whether its more or less expensive if you can )
4) i'm a total blur when it comes to shocks and suspensions unfortunately as ive never needed to change any on previous vehicles. so any help would be appreciated:)

1) The original BMW M-Sport shocks gonna cost you a bomb to replace (around RM4.5k). Most people would go for OEM alternatives (around 2.5-3k) which are much cheaper and Boge/Sachs infact manufactures for BMW as well (BMW just rebranded & stick their logo on it). Not sure which exact model it should be. Perhaps some Googling might help.

2) Alternatively, you may choose to go for Bilstein Yellow. They have the range of B6/B8/B12. Still slightly cheaper than the original BMW ones but cost more or on par with the Sachs/Boge mentioned above. They are sports-based shocks hence ride might suffer slightly but you'll gain on the handling side.

There is sach sport also equivalent to msport in the market... should cost rm1200 for the front pair.. msport is already running with lowered spring... so it advisable to use shorter absorber

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

thanks guys. I have already bought OEM parts from bav auto ss2 and replaced my old ones. no drastic improvement but improvement nevertheless. Thought i'd just hit the OEM path. However i heard from e90forums the KONI FSD's are great in terms of comfort and handling ? if anyone can verify/ owned similar products that improve comfort while retaining performance, i'll be in the know!

kevincek said:
thanks guys. I have already bought OEM parts from bav auto ss2 and replaced my old ones. no drastic improvement but improvement nevertheless. Thought i'd just hit the OEM path. However i heard from e90forums the KONI FSD's are great in terms of comfort and handling ? if anyone can verify/ owned similar products that improve comfort while retaining performance, i'll be in the know!
bro

I' m going to replace my rear absorber soon. Maybe you can share some experience after using the OEM parts. By the way, what brand you are using and how much the costs?

I'm using koni yellow at full soft setting. Full set all 4 cheaper than what that fella quoted you in your first post.

Comfort is much better than stock. Adjustable when you want to have some fun.

HI Guys,

Am on a E92 M sport 2007 with 130 k km. Need to change my stock M sport absorbers and wondering what's the best way to go

1) Are the Oem comparatively as good and long lasting with the original M sport Suspension?
2)What other brands are suitable without compromising the ride?
3) What's the price....

thanks guys, greatly appreciated!

Msport is shorter shock compare to stock...msport spring is shorter...u may not get the comfort if u use msport spring with stock.

Planning to change it to Bilstein B8......price for all four plus labour RM 3400. Read some reviews on B8 and it is almost the same or an upgrade to the M Sport......any1 using B8 here?

kevin1982my said:
I'm using koni yellow at full soft setting. Full set all 4 cheaper than what that fella quoted you in your first post.

Comfort is much better than stock. Adjustable when you want to have some fun.
Just to clarify, this is with the ori MSport springs? Thanks.

I was just about to look for B8 to replace my Msport on E92. If its more harsh, then I will need to look at others....

Friends,
My suggestion is Titan shocks!

Im now having a new shocks replaced by the dealer and is msports version also because it was still under warranty .
Frankly speaking Msport or originals no where near to Titan shocks!

I have been using Titan for the pass 10 yrs for all my bmw and car available at home. Go for it .

Top Bottom