absorber, key programming,door sensors problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bongyt2

Club Guest
To all BMW club members!!I am new in this forum and I've just got my BMW E46. Proud to say that E46 is a cool ride and comfort ride... I bought E46 328i and has just modified to SMG bodykit with facelift and with M5 rims. Now I am encountering a few problems. Please help me or advise me what to do and where to do it at a good and low price...I am located in PJ/Damansara. thanks...1)Either my rear spring or absorber is spoilt because when I sit inside the car,there is like a squeaking sound from behind. it should be the absorber cause the car is not flat... it is like tilting to the right. where to get a set of used/new absorbers? 2)When i got this car,the central locking cant lock and the window cant wind down and up. After the used car changed the electric board for this central locking and power window "thing", it can now lock and wind up window. but problem is the key cannot be used to open,lock the car. i have to use the key to open and lock car. its troublesome and the workshop say have to bring the key to be programmed. where can i program the keys without paying a lot? heard that at auto bavaria, they charge rm1000 to program 1 key. 2 keys=rm2000. can i program the keys somewhere?3)When I open the doors, there is no display on the dashboard. usually when u open any doors,it will be shown on the dashboard that the door is open. what do i need to fix so that the dashboard will display which door is open?I do hope everyone can advise or help me out... really need urgent help.. most important is the absorber/spring cause if i dont change it fast,the rear tires/rim will be dented and spoil... please help. desperate for help...thanks to you all...

1)Either my rear spring or absorber is spoilt because when I sit inside the car,there is like a squeaking sound from behind. it should be the absorber cause the car is not flat... it is like tilting to the right. where to get a set of used/new absorbers?

A: Try Optimum or M1 in Kaya Ara.

2)When i got this car,the central locking cant lock and the window cant wind down and up. After the used car changed the electric board for this central locking and power window "thing", it can now lock and wind up window. but problem is the key cannot be used to open,lock the car. i have to use the key to open and lock car. its troublesome and the workshop say have to bring the key to be programmed. where can i program the keys without paying a lot? heard that at auto bavaria, they charge rm1000 to program 1 key. 2 keys=rm2000. can i program the keys somewhere?

You need to resyn your key to the module. The Gm5 module control the power window and central locking. I have posted this procedure before. Do a search for it.

3)When I open the doors, there is no display on the dashboard. usually when u open any doors,it will be shown on the dashboard that the door is open. what do i need to fix so that the dashboard will display which door is open?

Check the fuse or the bulb.

Here is the key Initialization Procedure.

E46Key.jpg

E46Initialization.jpg

bro,what does it mean by briefly switch on terminal R in vehicle? my 328i antenna is at the back.. is it i need to point the key at the back? i saw a foreman pointing the key at the rear mirror... is it the "point key transmitter in direction of antenna" means pointing at rear mirror?

thanks for the help bro jarance.

bro, does optimum or m1 charge at a lower price? they got sell used parts or not? and can u recommend for me to look for someone specific so that can get a lower price?

bongyt2;531310 said:
bro,what does it mean by briefly switch on terminal R in vehicle? my 328i antenna is at the back.. is it i need to point the key at the back? i saw a foreman pointing the key at the rear mirror... is it the "point key transmitter in direction of antenna" means pointing at rear mirror?

thanks for the help bro jarance.

What it means it that you have to insert your key in the ignition and turn it to "ON" but not to crank it. After that turn it to OFF and withdraw your key to start the procedure.

btw, no need to point to the rear window.. I have done it before sitting in the front seat without any problem.

bongyt2;531312 said:
bro, does optimum or m1 charge at a lower price? they got sell used parts or not? and can u recommend for me to look for someone specific so that can get a lower price?

Not recommend to replace used part for shock absorber. Other things maybe OK.

Please search other threads for recommendation of workshop used by the forummers.

bongyt2;531274 said:
To all BMW club members!!

3)When I open the doors, there is no display on the dashboard. usually when u open any doors,it will be shown on the dashboard that the door is open. what do i need to fix so that the dashboard will display which door is open?

Hi, do you see the display when you start your car? My E46 will only show the display briefly when key in position 1 or 2, after that if the door is still open, there is no display.

Hope this help.

Bro jarance base on your experience which type of absorber was the most comfortable for E46 ? Now my car was using 4pcs of Sachs brand and 1 just spoil (FR). Thnks

Bro bongyt2 hope u don't mind kacau ur thread. Thnks

jarance, ok... i will give it a shot... hopefully i do not need to spend so much on the programming of the key...

alex5522,its ok... no harm done.... at least i can know which type of absorber is good... cheers.

iphoein, dont have any display for the doors. except for 1 or 2 doors only... the rest no display.... how?

Alex5522;531355 said:
Bro jarance base on your experience which type of absorber was the most comfortable for E46 ? Now my car was using 4pcs of Sachs brand and 1 just spoil (FR). Thnks

Bro bongyt2 hope u don't mind kacau ur thread. Thnks

For comfort, go for the stock or original brand.. Boge..

Boge last me a couple of years (maybe imitation) whereas Bilstein (black) last for 3 years more for my E36.

I have M-Sport Spring/Shock for my E46. So far never change yet.. (touch wood). Only bushing only.

BTW, how long have you been using Sachs before it leaked?

bongyt2;531381 said:
iphoein, dont have any display for the doors. except for 1 or 2 doors only... the rest no display.... how?

which door? and it is consistently light up for that particular door?

Maybe Hall effect sensor is faulty.

bongyt2;531274 said:
To all BMW club members!!

I am new in this forum and I've just got my BMW E46. Proud to say that E46 is a cool ride and comfort ride... I bought E46 328i and has just modified to SMG bodykit with facelift and with M5 rims. Now I am encountering a few problems. Please help me or advise me what to do and where to do it at a good and low price...I am located in PJ/Damansara. thanks...

1)Either my rear spring or absorber is spoilt because when I sit inside the car,there is like a squeaking sound from behind. it should be the absorber cause the car is not flat... it is like tilting to the right. where to get a set of used/new absorbers?

2)When i got this car,the central locking cant lock and the window cant wind down and up. After the used car changed the electric board for this central locking and power window "thing", it can now lock and wind up window. but problem is the key cannot be used to open,lock the car. i have to use the key to open and lock car. its troublesome and the workshop say have to bring the key to be programmed. where can i program the keys without paying a lot? heard that at auto bavaria, they charge rm1000 to program 1 key. 2 keys=rm2000. can i program the keys somewhere?

I do hope everyone can advise or help me out... really need urgent help.. most important is the absorber/spring cause if i dont change it fast,the rear tires/rim will be dented and spoil... please help. desperate for help...

thanks to you all...

1st Red card: Did no introduce yourself in the Newbie Sub-forum.

2nd Red card: Failure to use Search function to find out more about a topic that has been discussed to death in many sub-forums.

CONGRATULATIONS!

jarance;531390 said:
which door? and it is consistently light up for that particular door?

Maybe Hall effect sensor is faulty.

The driver door and sometimes the passenger's door... its very weird.. sometimes got,sometimes dont have...
where is the hall effect sensor?

bongyt2;531671 said:
The driver door and sometimes the passenger's door... its very weird.. sometimes got,sometimes dont have...
where is the hall effect sensor?

It is a proximity sensor. Basically it a device that switch ON when something is near it. In this case, the door is closed.

It the signal have and sometime dont have, it could be due to the wire connector becoming loose at the door.

btw, I see that you introduced yourself in the newbie section. Welcome and enjoy your stay.. :rock:

jarance;531696 said:
It is a proximity sensor. Basically it a device that switch ON when something is near it. In this case, the door is closed.

It the signal have and sometime dont have, it could be due to the wire connector becoming loose at the door.

btw, I see that you introduced yourself in the newbie section. Welcome and enjoy your stay.. :rock:

bro, that time the foreman checked and they said the wire connector should not be a problem. i think its the sensor problem... its faulty and needs to be replaced....

thanks for the welcome... hope to join the TT which...

Sorry Bongyt2 borrow your thread lagi ..

Thank you very much Sifu Jarance of your recomentation : For your info i just bought my E46 yr2000 6 cyd japan spec 2 weeks ago.

I'm not sure how long the absorber being used, it was SACHS brand. Do u come across tis brand COMMAX & BBH-BOGE.

Pls advice and TQ>>TQ VERY...VERY MUCH and APPRECIATE.

Alex5522;531853 said:
Sorry Bongyt2 borrow your thread lagi ..

Thank you very much Sifu Jarance of your recomentation : For your info i just bought my E46 yr2000 6 cyd japan spec 2 weeks ago.

I'm not sure how long the absorber being used, it was SACHS brand. Do u come across tis brand COMMAX & BBH-BOGE.

Pls advice and TQ>>TQ VERY...VERY MUCH and APPRECIATE.

I am no expert on Shocks but here is a thread on the discussion about Sachs and Boge.

click below.. :rock:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34083

bro jarance,

i cant seem to program the key... how? is it have to go auto bavaria to ask them program?

Top Bottom