Abs ecu and dme ecu

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

willy5

Club Guest
Hi All, I am just curious. Has anyone had failures in 1) ABS control unit?2) DME control unit? Mine just conked and another friends DME also gave way. One is a '99 523 and the other '01 525. Both our mileage is around 170K KM. I was just wondering if the failures had any link to the mileage??? Thanks

ABS could just be the ABS sensor attached to the wheel. Abt RM300 per pc. 1 pc for 1 wheel. On DME, e39 DME is typically tough. If kena, about RM8k if i'm not mistaken. Its a pc of thingy under the dashboard. Beware, other ECU malfunctions also can trigger the DME light on the dashboard. So diagnose carefully before changing the DME. My 2 sen.

chinawz;389583 said:
As the steelwork is lined the PTFE valve extrusion number of the liner used is hard stamped on the steelwork so that this can be cross-referenced to the extrusion details sheet, giving full traceibility from the lined component back to the PTFE valve polymer batch used.

??? please explain, thanks.

It was the ABS ECU (in the engine compartment RHS on the wheel arch), had to have that replaced, it's OK now.

As for DME, I had it reprogrammed and thankfully it worked, so far so good. Which makes me wonder if these are programmed to fail?? Why would the unit fail and need reprogramming to sort out? Which was why I wanted to see if there was a common factor in the mileage covered.

willy,

I had the same problem last yr. but it was not the ABS pump ECU. it was the throttle ecu. Yep...both malfunctions can trigger the DME light. What other malfuntions that can trigger the DME light...only BMW knows. You sure it was reprogramming?? Or its just 'erasing' the fault code from the computer memory? My 2 sen

willy5;389659 said:
??? please explain, thanks.

It was the ABS ECU (in the engine compartment RHS on the wheel arch), had to have that replaced, it's OK now.

As for DME, I had it reprogrammed and thankfully it worked, so far so good. Which makes me wonder if these are programmed to fail?? Why would the unit fail and need reprogramming to sort out? Which was why I wanted to see if there was a common factor in the mileage covered.

DME Is the heart of your car. it is located under the bonet underneath the left hand side microfilter.

Top Bottom