ABS can be repair / re wire ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ZeNeGeR,last time my car ABS got problem.I turn on key switch ABS sensor showing,after few second the light off.It's normally.I drive my car about 50meter the ABS light is on.Top power and m-technic workshop check the problem but cannot settle.He say wiring la...ABS sensor front left side la...pening kapla i.Finally i check my car at AB(mechanic AB our friend)he said the brake servo sensor switch spoil.After i change the sensor switch the problem settle. ;) ;)

sensor failure is very rare, mormally its the abs pump which plays up on you. Yes, the abs pump can be recond, but not all of them. Only if the pump is still good internally meaning no rust attack and wiring not damaged. Pump recond can be obtained form BA or FD or your mechanic(if he knows how to service the pumps) at RM500++ per pop. Good Luck. New one will cost you RM3.5k above...

i just change my abs pump cost Rm480 at M-speed USJ... And change my brake pad and labour Rm250...

Originally posted by dvng@Jun 20 2005, 09:17 AM
sensor failure is very rare, mormally its the abs pump which plays up on you. Yes, the abs pump can be recond, but not all of them. Only if the pump is still good internally meaning no rust attack and wiring not damaged. Pump recond can be obtained form BA or FD or your mechanic(if he knows how to service the pumps) at RM500++ per pop. Good Luck. New one will cost you RM3.5k above...
True bro.

The E39 has a persistent problem with the ABS Controller. The ABS light will come on and the Modic will show a LH Front ABS sensor fault code. Replacing or swaping the sensors will not remove the code.

It is down to the controller logic box. New Controller RM3.5-4K.

I am driving with the warning lights on. Tried to change the logic box with used unit - didnt work.

The controller is different from thye E36 and the fix mentioned in the first post applies only to E36 and not E39.

Originally posted by ZeNeGeR@Jun 20 2005, 08:40 PM
i just change my abs pump cost Rm480 at M-speed USJ... And change my brake pad and labour Rm250...
ABS pump so cheap :getyourfactsright:

Top Bottom