Abnormal cold start

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xcell60

Club Guest
Dear Bros,I have had my car now for 4 years, and have never encountered this before. The car seems to struggle to start in the mornings or if left idle for more that 1 hours after initial use. I have cleaned the air filter, changed the spark plugs, and the breather was changed not too long ago. Even cleaned the air intake valve. After initial start, the idle is erratic, but stablizes after a second or two. I have to depress on the accelerator now to avoid the engine from struggling to start. I normally don't do this since its a fuel injector. The drive is still perfect with no let down in power. Can someone advice.Cheers

Hmm mine is initial cold start tends to struggle to idle, yep did what u do also press down the accelerator a bit to hold but after a minute or two idle ok. Me still fault finding this matter. Checked ICV, air flow meter, even cleaned my TPS which was filled with engine oil vapours also did not solved. No waiting to change to new plugs on next oil change soon.

Hav this prob before on my dad merc 124 model because of the fuel injector problem after it start it is ok. Also need to chnage the idling valve and change the fuel filter.
For UDM may be you need to check the crank sensor

Guys,

Really need your help.

Now there is evidence of slight amounts of black smoke when I start the car in the mornings. Has this got to do with the air mixture? The car is due for servicing though.

Cheers

i got this problem last time, especially i changed my exhaust the problem become worst, i did a lot of things to find the problem but can't tackle it.... then so unfortune that time i need to do a top overhaul, then my mechanic found one cracked exhaust valve, so have to replace a new one, after that the problem solved......

Top Bottom