A1 Team Malaysia - PODIUM

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

PiedPiper

Club Guest
Hey guys... did you catch the race?? It was fantastic! Alex did us all proud, he finished 2nd in today's race in Indonesia. Here is the lap by lap report from the blogspot...Indonesia Feature Race - Malaysia On The Podium in 2nd! Indonesia Feature Race - 36 lapslap1: great start for mal into 2nd...then jos who moved to 3rd behind alex took mal into 2nd and mal fought back to retake the 2nd spot as jos ran wide...indonesia made contact with another car and stalled...lap2: safety car out...indonesia got an assist from marshalls and restarted...top 10 are gbr, mal, ned, fra, irl, aut, ger, ind, rsa and usa.lap3: green flag...ned takes mal for 2nd...fra lost it's nose as they contacted mal...mal now 3rd...top 10 are gbr, ned, mal, irl, aut, rsa, por, lib, ind and ita...fra pits for a new nose cone...lap 5: can takes a drive thru penalty...lap7: gbr still leads with ned 2nd and mal 3rd...fra off!...safety car out...irl, ita, mal and ned pit...all front runners took the pitstop except for gbr...lap9: mal drops to 15th after the pitstops...lap11: green flag...lap12: ina made contact with mal's rear and spun out...lap13: ind off and irl also off at turn 3...lap14: mal now 12th...top 10 are gbr (not pit yet), rsa (not pit yet), por (not pit yet), mex, ita, ger, cze, aus, can and ned...lap16: mal takes sui...lap17: mal takes aus for 9th spot...and now mal moving up to ned...lap18: mex and por off...and mal moves up to 7th...mal takes bra for 6th spot...safety car out once again to clear the mexican car...lap24: green flag...rsa takes gbr to lead...ned takes cze and so does mal...mal now lies 5th but 3rd amongst cars that have made pitstops...lap26: top 10 with gbr and rsa yet to pit are: rsa, gbr, can, ned, mal, cze, aus, bra, sui, and ger...followed by por, fra, ita, nzl, and usa...lap28: mal makes contact with ned in a overtaking move...ned spins and mal moves up to 4th...lap29: br pits and mal now lies 3rd behind rsa and can with rsa yet to pit...in effect mal now is 2nd!lap31: top 3 are rsa (not pit yet), can and mal...lap33: rsa pits...can leads from mal...by only 0.9s with mal catching up fast...lap35: last lap...can from mal...damage to mal's side pod from earlier contact with ina...mal now cruises to maintain 2nd...finish: can wins, mal 2nd, and 3rd aus...followed by bra, sui, ned, nzl, fra, usa and gbr. For more info on the race, check out the blogspot... http://racingformalaysia.blogspot.com/

we should all congratulate rueben, one of our club members who's also an engineer in the team. congrats dude.

alex yoong finally showing his full potential?

saw the race, quite exciting....maybe better than F1?

It was an exciting race with plenty of action. Alex did a good job especially when he forced Jos into the gravel at Turn 1.

Syabas! :)

i enjoy A1 more than F1. drivers' skill is more important than the machinery.

great race and very physical too for Alex....

so much so that I wonder if he would be penalised for the "pushing" he did on Verstappen.....

am still not sure if he is innocent completely!

wheel to wheel racing ma..... he got to protect his line....

but since the cars are identical, drivers' skill and knowledge of the tracks plays the most important part...

and luck too???

MALAYSIA BOLEH !!! finally on the podium .... proud to b malaysian ...

MALAYSIA ROCK's !!!!!

:D

Hmmm... a club member on the A1 Team, well done Reuben!!

Yup the race is becoming more exciting than F1. Spills and on edge challenges, this is what racing is all about!

By the way, a picture of Alex on the podium....

was a fantastic of the seat race in sentul and i was so excited and proud and not to mention for alex yoong tht finally he has shown his potential to b a top 5 finisher.... :yahoo:

malaysia boleh! :yes!:

as for jos verstapen being pushed off the track,he deserves it as he did exactly the same to alex 2 races ago and jos didnt get penalised for tht manouver!!! :nyehehe:

alex stuck to his lines and jos got in the way so the more confident driver wins...... ;)

now tht team A1 malaysia has tasted their 1st podium finish,hopefully alex will fight for more podiums finishes and silence their critics....
either way,i am proud to be malaysian..

rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by tyke@Feb 13 2006, 07:08 PM

as for jos verstapen being pushed off the track,he deserves it as he did exactly the same to alex 2 races ago and jos didnt get penalised for tht manouver!!! :nyehehe:

alex stuck to his lines and jos got in the way so the more confident driver wins...... ;)
Personally, I agree Verstappen got back a dose of what he did to Alex in one of previous race....Dubai? WUHOO!!!

BUT racing-wise, Alex was BEHIND and his nose was not even half past Jos's car....which is then a valid challenge, at least IMHO. That's not protecting your line, guys......just coming from inside, brake late, pray u turn and bumping someone off. It is by accident/unintentional I am very very sure & Alex did mention sheepishly in post race interview abt incident...almost hinted a "sorry".

Let's read Verstappen webpage and see what he says....wun be nice I am sure cos that guy is one HOT HEAD. ( saw him fight after in a Europe KART race....very famous incident)

Btw, I AM VERY GLAD I dun need to race Tyke, BMChai in my racing.....

Originally posted by Jules@Feb 13 2006, 11:34 PM
Btw, I AM VERY GLAD I dun need to race Tyke, BMChai in my racing.....
hehehe....lucky you,would've bump you off track.....

will get black flag ah? go karting in M'sia?hehehe

anyways, if Alex is guilty, he would've gotten a penalty.....
so, maybe the indon officials were lenient to Alex because of
conflict of interest?? Alex WAS using Indon's front nose....

Originally posted by bmchai@Feb 14 2006, 08:52 AM
so, maybe the indon officials were lenient to Alex because of
conflict of interest?? Alex WAS using Indon's front nose....
Mebe they couldn't decide who to give penalty to... :rofl:

But seriously, he was taking the inside line and jos just closed the line, to me too bad for Jos! Anyway, if it was Jos, he would have definately done the same as well...

Good race! Cant wait for Mexico!

well,too bad for Jos..racing is racing,shit happens!!

kudos to Alex..he's proven himself to be a worthy racer.lets all get behind him and all the guys at A1 Malaysia and attend the next Malaysian A1 race in Sepang.i'm surprised no one observed that the Sentul track was full to the brim in sharp contrast to Sepang..truth is i'm a bit ashamed with regards to that fact.
hope the next one will be more packed..the team has shown that they are more than worthy of our full support.

Originally posted by supergripen@Feb 13 2006, 11:54 PM
well,too bad for Jos..racing is racing,shit happens!!

kudos to Alex..he's proven himself to be a worthy racer.lets all get behind him and all the guys at A1 Malaysia and attend the next Malaysian A1 race in Sepang.i'm surprised no one observed that the Sentul track was full to the brim in sharp contrast to Sepang..truth is i'm a bit ashamed with regards to that fact.
hope the next one will be more packed..the team has shown that they are more than worthy of our full support.
dude,u r so spot on!
i too noticed tht it was a sad thing tht motorsport spectator attendance in m'sia is lacking.....
i mean do we hav to hand out free A1 tickets all the time and to woo spectators???
the only spot in sepang tht was filled(and it was only 50% packed) was at the grandstand....... :rolleyes: and we as united malaysians shld take indonesia's example and be more supportive....

Top Bottom