A very Happy X5 Owner

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ck318ci

Club Guest
3 years since I got my first BMW, I finally parted with the 318CI and got myself a X5 3.0 Sport! Car comes in Toledo Blue with Black hide, 19 inch alloys and sport suspension and interior. The only upgrade so far was a set of HID xenon lights. It was a alot bigger than the coupe and it took some time to get used to especially doing a tight parallel parking! But when it comes to handling, I was gobsmacked that a 4x4 can handle that well, it grips the road as it was glued to it and conering was tight with minimal roll! was very impressed with the high speed cruising and the comfort too. I recently drove the car to Scotland and the computer is reading an average of 27.4 MPG on the run; around town. city driving, the f/c is a bit hefty but i guess thats the price to pay for such a car. haha.... going down south today , will enjoy every miles of the 240 miles journey!

Sport does not mean u must go racing ma.. Big wheels, wearing skirt all round with spring lowered and stiffen to handle higher speed... its called "Sport" loo....

Ferrari also never call their car "Sport" ma.. :D Farneeee le.. :D

ck318ci;294392 said:
I recently drove the car to Scotland and the computer is reading an average of 27.4 MPG on the run; around town. city driving, the f/c is a bit hefty but i guess thats the price to pay for such a car.

Is yours a Diesel?

Was driving from Southwest of England back to East Anglia, travelling 200 miles away, the tyre pressure indicator went off and there was a slow puncture to the car. Had the car fixed the next day. Found out there was a nail in the tyre and had damaged the inner wall, hence a new tyre was called for. Due to the chambers malalignment and uneven wear of the rear tyres, 2 were replaced and chambers were aligned. An unexpected 500 pounds for above jobs were flushed from the wallet :(

tyres spec

Michelin 4x4 Diamaris Run flat 285/45/R19 V

note, BMW garage quote 270 pounds for 1 tyre alone,
I got mine for 188 pounds per piece.

with fuel price soringly high these days,
I did a trial on 60mph for 240miles journey and the trip computer recorded an all time best 33.2MPG!!!!

but need to reconsider something more frugal as the X5 is too frequent attendance in the fueling stations. I am averaging 1500 miles a month now

any comments?

ck318ci, i just realised that you are my nextdoor neighbour in KL!
nice to hear you upgraded to an x5!

hey dude,

What a small world? how's life over ther in Auz?
am back in KL now and saw a black 5 series outside your house. Nicely done with deep dish Harmann's.

CK318Ci, did you get a E53 or a E70?

Independent dealer or BMW Approved Dealer? Prices are crashing especially on the used V8s!!

is a E53 model
registered Dec 2004.

I dare not look at the price of the X5 these days. One dealer told me the price is going down by 600 pounds per month. I got my car from an independent dealer which was just 2 miles down the road and had a great deal part exchanging my 318ci.

sigh.....

Don't feel bad! you got a mighty nice 04 E53! moreover you got a good deal on your trade in.... enjoy today and don't worry about tomorrow!

PS: Why didn't u go to an approved dealer? I would have thought an approved BMW dealer would have a better quality used BMW for sale as they have to thoroughly check every detail of the car before putting it on their forecourt.

Am I right in my assumption? I know Indy dealer may offer a cheaper price but are they as good as an approved dealer in the UK?

Top Bottom