a/c fix

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
last friday after prayers i started the car and put the a/c on whilst waiting at the parking lot for traffic to clear when suddenly i hear this whooshing sound and i found myself engulfed in smoke,at the left ,right and front of the car!wtf!quickly i switched everything off but the smoke is still there.i opened up the hood and smelt this was a/c gas and sure enuff gas was pissing at the overpressure valve (see pic) located on the compressor.called naidu and story him and he said most likely the a/c fan not working,system overheat and hi presure and freon gas exit thru vlv.he said fix fan and charge up.no need to change overpressure vlv and shud be fine again.so went home,short the temp s/w on the rad but fan not running.gave fan slight tap....running again...very slowly and sometimes stopping.so,remove front bumper,remove both headlights,remove air filter duct,remove plastic shroud and fan.tried to see if fan motor got screws to disassemble but nil.sent to a/c shop ask them to replace the motor.3 hrs later shop called and said no replacement motor can fit so he opened up the motor and serviced.carbon brush was still long and bearings ok just that the internals was gummed up after 14 years of use. so took it home,refitted everything,went to shop to charge up with freon and lube oil and voila.....cool,up and running again...... service motor - rm70charge up a/c gas - rm60 called bav auto just to chk --> cost of new a/c fan assembly - rm1300 :stupid:

ur mr diy bro.i once witnessed my mech replaced my a/c compressor n the high pressurised freon burst like hell..i'm very noob about this diy stuff, especially bmw..glad to hear u fixed the issue..

Top Bottom