528i radiator blow!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

528W*W

Club Guest
HI GUYS....My 528i radiator blow on me just now without any notice. :eek: i was driving frm kl to shah alam and i just park infront of my house. as i was getting off my car the hissing sound and doooshh...of water comes out from the car bottom....i try to pour water in the radiator and upon observation it leaks from 2 source...1 major sippange and another minor....i have no idea where it leaks as it tooo dark to observe.... (nightime).....what a day.......will have sleepless night tonite until i can call my mechanic tmrw am......so want to ask the sifus out there....what's in store for me.....i mean...$$$$$$.....???? r we looking at a major bomb here..??? :confused:pls help.....thanking you guys in advance.....

A very very common problem hehehe
according to the forumers here

radiator 710~820
expansion tank 140
other small things + + + 200

thanks isaac for the quick info...:top:

will it affect other engine + electronic + etc.....?

i really hope it won't.....

thanks again.....

528W*W;345001 said:
HI GUYS....
what's in store for me.....i mean...$$$$$$.....???? r we looking at a major bomb here..??? :confused:pls help.....thanking you guys in advance.....

Get it from Inner Power for about RM 700 per pc. If you are lucky, the total bill may come to about RM 1000+

You need a reasonable & reliable mechanic. Try the followings,

WP Auto (Albert Fang 012-2017792)

Directions to Albert's place;

If you are coming from Ampang on MRR2, go past the overhead bridge that turns to Pandan Indah / Pandan Mewah. About 300 meters after the underpass, there is a turning to the left i.e. immediately after the block of apartments. Take this left turn. About 200 meters ahead you will approach a traffic lights. Steven's corner will be on your far left while a Used Car lot will be on your right.

At this traffic light, turn right. About 100 meter ahead there is an opening to turn left. (Opposite Balai Polis). Make a left turn here and you will be facing the side lane of two blocks of shop houses.

Drive through the side lane and you will see Albert's workshop on you left, corner lot

p/s: You could also try, BM Works, Taman Ind. Bolton, Batu Caves 03-61862006/016-3634975 Vasu
Good luck, bro

thanks james...what a relieve!:top:

sorry jerman...i am new to this.....where is inner power? is it a parts store.....

bytheway.....thanks for the direction of albert's place...very close to my buddy's place...

will call albert for a quote...

tq v much....

528W*W;345007 said:
thanks isaac for the quick info...:top:

will it affect other engine + electronic + etc.....?

i really hope it won't.....

thanks again.....

No problem bro.
Don't run the engine anymore but if you have to .. take 5L tongs of water with you and top up top up half way the journey hehehe

528W*W;345021 said:
thanks james...what a relieve!:top:

sorry jerman...i am new to this.....where is inner power? is it a parts store.....

bytheway.....thanks for the direction of albert's place...very close to my buddy's place...

will call albert for a quote...

tq v much....

Albert handles all my bimmers. Very good at his job and charges are reasonable. You can bring your own parts but I would normally ask him to order the parts for me instead.

car update`

some update on what to be changed on my car....actually what happenned was the water hose from the radiator came off...due to old age of the radiator....the female connection of the radiator was only 1/2 of the original size...the water hose clamp cannot hold due to high pressure..thefore the water gushes out when the hose came loose....

1.Thermostat Housing 528i 1996-98 - the Connection flange vent screw was broken...so need to change the set....
2. 1 nos water hose
3. Radiator...due to old age...never changed since 1996....

will get final quote on works by tmrw...i send the car to autopex, glenmarie.....due to close proximity from house..too far to tow the car to ampang/batu caves......tq

528W*W;345021 said:

bro,
It would be good to do some "personal research" in order to know the "market pricing" of the parts. It will save you $$$ in the long run.

Inner Power stocks original & OEM BMW's parts. Located along Jalan Ipoh, 03-62517677. Another place is Bavarian Auto http://www.bavarian.com.my/index.php?p=branches

Radiator changed

Hi folks, just change mine yesterday after losing water for a couple of weeks. Finally decide to change at about RM850 X labour @ M1.

hi again....

i only change the themorstat connection......the radiator i put on hold.....since there is no leaking......they quoted me RM1800 for total radiator + all hoses &clips + expansion tank + themorstat connection.....

at the end i only change:
1. thermostat connection
2. top up coolant....

all for RM250.....:top:

Bro,

Dun save on preventive maintenance or u'll end up more repair & hassle:wink:

initialM;351248 said:
Bro,

Dun save on preventive maintenance or u'll end up more repair & hassle:wink:

Good advice. A bimmer radiator lasting 12 years, is unheard of. Even the ori. BMW ones tend to last 8-10 years, so better just change. The OEM ones like BEHR have even shorter life-span like 2-5 years.

Top Bottom