528i msport vs 535i msport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

glock_8

Club Guest
I cant decide which one...the 528i will be brand new while at slightly more rm i can get a 535i recon...i hv not driven 535i before so i dont know if the extra 60 hp will make a huge different in real life driving condition.... The 528 n20 is quite impressive on paper with only 0.6 s slower to 62mph but i dont know how it fares when the speedo meter xceed 200kmh....appreaciate some input from all sifu here....thanks

get the new 528i for peace of mind. Get the recon 535i for outstanding power! best if you test drive both many times then decide.

Hi.

Get the 528i brand new from bimmer for piece of mind.

It's brand new, the car comes with warranty and free service for few years.

But then again, the 528i msports only comes with a 2.0 engine.

Thanks for the feedback... Apart from warranty issue... Can anyone gives some feedback on performance...the only way to find out is by test drive but to get a test unit for 535i is quite difficult...

535 if you want to be different. There are plenty to choose from and take your time. Insist on at least one year unlimited warranty.

if im not mistaken, there's several importers brought in the ultimately high-spec version of 535i.. performance wise. n to me, the points to get 535i instead of 528i is for the comfort access, reverse camera & sunroof.

if FC is not an issue, go for the 535i..more power, reliable n proven engine, easily tuned and upgraded to 400+hp and 500Nm torque with readily available aftermarket mods..put on the M5 bodykit, there u go..good to go

(also no irritating 4-cylinder diesel-like engine tapping noise as experienced by some members here)

calling bro M5port for some input/rachunns :listen:

YES YES get the 528i, leave the 535i aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeee. haha...

Seriously, i gather that if you can spend on a 2012 528i, then you can afford a parallel imported Msport 535i 2011 model (Specs i think MUST HAVE for the F10: HUD,6NR BMW Apps,Adaptive Headlights,Surround View, Power boot,6WA black panel,Adaptive Drive) much higher specs than what you can get from AB.

I am not sure what kind of driver are you, but for me, a no brainer inline 6 vs 4. When mated with the 8 speed gear box, it sure felt a lot faster than my E92 335 ...and of course, mods are already planned and on its way to make this whale the Moby Dick on road !

screw the AB warranty and shit, you paid a lot more and get a lot less. thinking your car is in good hands with AB ( their SA are all quite bad, you can read many members experience here). You can extend your warranty now with 3rd party insurers like OPAL, for the peace of mind.

There are many in the market since this year so don't worry as not to find any unit to test.Take your time (i took almost six months considering all Audi/Evoque/BMW), Insist on getting to know the origins of the car, call UK to check on the mileage claimed and also the VIN to double confirm the specs.Once you have picked your unit, bring it to your trust worthy mechanic to check on any signs of accidents, defects ,etc. Go to the bank, pray they approve your loan and sign on the dotted lines =)

and most importantly, of all colour, DONT CHOOSE ALPINE WHITE, it is damn ugly. heheheh... and also because mine is in Alpine White too.

oh. Full tank is about 70 litres, i can go about 560KM urban driving which i reckon is pretty decent.

If you are the type like me, who likes to know the car inside out, then i suggest you go for the Parallel imported 535i because you really get so much more for what you are paying. but if you are the type who just wants a BMW and hassle free, then by all means, Go to Quill or Ingress and get a 528i.

I'm driving a 528i M-sport, its true to look into the difference of options you're getting for both. It can cost a lot to install it later, which I now currently having a dilemma on...

On the engine, having light legs on FC! I'm running at 500-520km per full tank, so I'm not on 535i. But when it comes to service, it should make a larger difference, so do take note on that. I change four plugs but you change six....just an example.

Says punya dua sen...

I know la....but fuel injectors will make a big diff. Unless you do not choose to decarbon your engine, then no care la...

decarbon?? new cars? even my '02 330i didn't require such thing. on the other hand my cousin's 4-pot 318i had endless engine problems.

even if you do, those are maintenance done like once in the lifetime of your ownership of the car. if you have constant injector problems, then you better return the car back to the dealer. and like i said, i know some guys are on OPAL, they provide insurance for parts like this at minimal cost.

I have my parallel imported 335 for almost 3 yrs now, apart from periodical service of fluids in the car and my itchy backside mods, i have only changed once my spark plugs, once my brake pads/hose/fluid and done the wastegate fix as major maintenance (which is the known problem for the N54 engine).

Like I said, get to know the car before you buy it, there is a wealth of information you can find from forums like these. Past and current owners all sharing their ownership experiences. if you can accept those niggly issues, buy a parallel imported to get a higher spec, and not to mention you pay so much less tax compared to the brand new ones. Downside is, it is pre-owned and whether you are provided with genuine history of the car or not.

Oh, and lastly, if you really want to buy a brand new 528i or any F10 from an official dealer, next year BMW is updating the f10 5 series (AGAIN) with new digital instrument clusters. If me, i will wait, else, you can always pay extra to retrofit.

glock_8.. the 528 is just not for you considering the way you drive.. get the 535 :)

lude;767188 said:
glock_8.. the 528 is just not for you considering the way you drive.. get the 535 :)

after the test drive just now...i can confirm that!! hahaha

thanks everyone here for the valuable views!!!

Top Bottom