525i M-Sport Yr 2001 Selling at RM148k

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fairil

Club Guest
Dear All 5ers,Today is my 1st day as a member in this forum after 2 month of monitoring your topics & comments. I planning to get a 525 Msport, found 1 unreg yr 2001 with mileage running at 63+++km. Is it worth it to buy at Rm148k for a yr 2001 car? Its a original m-sport (silver). Need all your opinion n comments. Many thanks..Hear from you guys!

IMHO sounds a touch on the high side.

Some registered samples 01 & 02 advertised at RM12xk less nego discount.

thank you for your prompt reply james & E28driver. its very tempting to see a unreg with nice interior & exterior. neway i have to continue my hunting this week...Thanks guys

James Chun;276607 said:
Not Worth....Cause when you sell, ppl dun consider it register in 2007~~~~~

Eh.. hello, its already 2008. Its still a 2001 built car, reg or unreg.

Aside from getting lower interest rates for hire purchase, what benefit is there in getting an unreg car? If buying cash also negate that benefit. I'm for one not so care about the car reg. no for the plate. Anyone can explain why its justifiable to price unreg car a 10-20% higher than reg. car.?

take it slow lah.....take your time...looking for a car is like looking for a wife....
if in a hurry....nanti you get a wife (out of shape punya) kah kah kah....sorry ah..no offence....read the threads... you will come to your opinion soon.

I waited for 6 months then baru jumpa my "wife" tip top lah....becareful if buying from used car.....malang tak berbau know?

Most year 2001 BMW 525 unreg are usually sold at 15x,000 to 16x,000. If you are looking at a unreg car, then this price is ok. Especially with M-Sport. I myself am looking for unreg model to transfer my plate number.

If looking at financial wise, you have to do a calculation. How much are you paying monthly for a registered unit and the unregistered unit, taking the interest rate charged into consideration. But you also got to think how much the price will drop in the next 3 or so months.

I believe you can still nego the price down to a few thousands from that price, since there are many E39 on the road. Ball is in your court.

If you don't want this unreg silver 525, please PM me the location of the car so that I can go view.

You r rite

Egon-E39;276646 said:
take it slow lah.....take your time...looking for a car is like looking for a wife....
if in a hurry....nanti you get a wife (out of shape punya) kah kah kah....sorry ah..no offence....read the threads... you will come to your opinion soon.

I waited for 6 months then baru jumpa my "wife" tip top lah....becareful if buying from used car.....malang tak berbau know?

U r rite egon, i will negotiate with the dealer see if can reduce to RM140k,,hahah

Crymson;276757 said:
If you don't want this unreg silver 525, please PM me the location of the car so that I can go view.

dude i think the lattest edition of motor trader there is one 525 msport asking for rm110 K ...if i'm not mistaken

Daredevils car is for sale....better you buy from forum members....at least you know that you are getting a car from beemer lover. Lots of E39 for your picking lah.....pelan pelan cari jangan terburu-buru kalau tak...pening kepala nak repair nanti.....boleh bankrap tau? Anyway i encourage you to get a E 39....fantastic car...tarak regret one....

If looking at financial wise, you have to do a calculation. How much are you paying monthly for a registered unit and the unregistered unit, taking the interest rate charged into consideration. But you also got to think how much the price will drop in the next 3 or so months.

if get car from used car, they just wan to make RM. probably bluff and cheat you to buy the car...their motto or opening word is "this car is very beautiful" (yeah from exterior lah...but interior tarak tau lah).

You may not know the service history unless proven by documentary records. Likelyhood of meter being tampered or chasis number tampered. The principal rule is GET A GOOD BMW MECHANIC to see and test the car, look inside out especially the engine coz thats where it will cost you lots of RM's.

Financially, an unregistered car can get interest at 2.2 onwards. Registered ones will get 3.2% so you do the math and compare between the interests saved and the cost of the vehicle.

All bmw's at used car have it's meter tampered with. I saw a 520 with complete AC bodykit dont know ori or not, unregistered selling at RM145k mileage at 15k assured by the dealer but when i looked closely the key remote button has melted, the fascia decals on the instruments kaput and the boot carpet not in good condition.....so wa test the dealer....15k mileage apasal semua sudah tarak elok...tipu kah?....he just smiled.......you know i know aje lah......

Better get a car from a owner who also loves the car not from some ah beng who uses to send bohsia girls then you will know that the car is in good condition......i got my car from a mat salleh...with full service record...no repairs so far any my mechanic said my car is in excellent condition no leaking at the bottom whatsoever.
:rock:

ICEMAN 13;276823 said:
dude i think the lattest edition of motor trader there is one 525 msport asking for rm110 K ...if i'm not mistaken

Ice, just saw your reply. Lucky I have the latest Motor Trader. How come I didn't notice it. Looks nice from the picture, good price and nice plate number too.

This may interest u

fairil,

I have a colleague who wants to sell his 525i. Here are details abt the car;
1. Yr manufactured 2001 (M54 engine),
2. CKD Auto Bavaria,
3. Mileage abt 100 k km,
4. Silver color, black leather interior (Immaculate!!)
5. Other info: Ex Sime Darby Director owner, thus full Auto Bavaria service history, biblically stock standard.
6. Price RM120 k...2 month back when he offered me.

I can sum up his car as "immaculate stock standard". I did not take the car cos later i figured out the price was above my budget after some recalculation. Apart from that, I fancied a CBU 528i UK spec with non-black interior. Finally got one last month for RM95k...with beige leather interior. Now enjoying the ride.

bro azan, thx for the info. thx also to egon for his comparison comments. u guys r d best! will bargain more for the unreg 525...now reduce to 147k..do u thinkthey can go lower than this?

525i unreg 2001

no prob bro. funny that there is still unreg car more than 5 yr old on sale now. i thot u can only bring in less than 5 yr old car under current trade AP regime.

A word of caution. Car steaming and cleaning products (meguiar's for e.g) can do wonders to how tired and old grey import cars will look when they are ready for sale. Its quite common to have grey importers having a full fledge recondition facilities at the back of their showroom...inclusive of spray booth!! Thus, do not ignore a good used units with comprehensive history...they can be a bargain of your motoring life despite looking very 'used' compared to recon CBUs. Be dilligent and have a lot of patience. If the one u have an eye for now is a good unit..my opinion is the RM147 k sounds like a good price...plus all the goodies that came with it.

these are usually old stocks. starting from this year, E39 unreg can't be brought in anymore.

azan23uk;277930 said:
no prob bro. funny that there is still unreg car more than 5 yr old on sale now. i thot u can only bring in less than 5 yr old car under current trade AP regime.

A word of caution. Car steaming and cleaning products (meguiar's for e.g) can do wonders to how tired and old grey import cars will look when they are ready for sale. Its quite common to have grey importers having a full fledge recondition facilities at the back of their showroom...inclusive of spray booth!! Thus, do not ignore a good used units with comprehensive history...they can be a bargain of your motoring life despite looking very 'used' compared to recon CBUs. Be dilligent and have a lot of patience. If the one u have an eye for now is a good unit..my opinion is the RM147 k sounds like a good price...plus all the goodies that came with it.

147k ok ke bro? the interior can be rated 9/10. so r u saying that 147 is a very reasonable price?

Top Bottom