523i SE 2010 - Need Help

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Alinghi

Club Guest
Guys, need your view. Am contemplating a purchase here with a budget around RM250K. Found an E60 523i SE 2010 at AB. Was quoted RM255K for that unit with mileage circa 37,000. Warranty and free service still intact till 2013.On the 2nd thought, perhaps better to get a brand new Merc C200 Blueffiency since price is about the same.Really like the E60 but worry about its maintenance and the resale value probably a gone case since we already have F10. C200 on the other hand will be a bit small but it is a new car and 4 yrs warranty surely give me a peace of mind.What do you guys think?

U already own F10 and still worry bout maintenance and resale value? Its up to your preference and expectation.
I would rather drive an old E36 328 but in good condition than new Merc C200. U cant compare car with a budget or costing.
Again its up to your decision. If I were you I'll go for E90 325

initialM;683033 said:
U already own F10 and still worry bout maintenance and resale value? Its up to your preference and expectation.
I would rather drive an old E36 328 but in good condition than new Merc C200. U cant compare car with a budget or costing.
Again its up to your decision. If I were you I'll go for E90 325

Sorry. I don't have F10. Am just saying resale value for E60 will suffer coz it's a previous generation 5 series.

But seriously, do guys think RM250K is a fair price for the said car (523i 2010 with 37,000 mileage). What do I need to watch out for?

Thanks

i'll go fr e90 diesel....hehehe! i drove c230 avantgard ( dunno the spelling la) frm kl to pekan pahang still think BMW is more fun to drive compared to Merc....

Alinghi;683019 said:
Guys, need your view. Am contemplating a purchase here with a budget around RM250K. Found an E60 523i SE 2010 at AB. Was quoted RM255K for that unit with mileage circa 37,000. Warranty and free service still intact till 2013.

On the 2nd thought, perhaps better to get a brand new Merc C200 Blueffiency since price is about the same.

Really like the E60 but worry about its maintenance and the resale value probably a gone case since we already have F10. C200 on the other hand will be a bit small but it is a new car and 4 yrs warranty surely give me a peace of mind.

What do you guys think?

It very much depends on your objectives

if u prefer better reliability (thus lower maintenance cost), go for the new C class

if u want good resale value, C-class sure hold up much better than the old E60 5 series.

if u have an itch for drivability, there are plenty of E60 out there with more adequate power (higher cc) to quench your thirst.

if u are a "real driver", u will want a BMW over a Merc, and u will be willing to pay for the higher running cost. (provided u have the time to manage it in and out of workshop)

Top Bottom