4 lugs to 5 lugs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lecka

Club Guest
olla sifus.. just wondering.. bmw e30.. convert from 4 lugs to 5 lugs.. how much will it cost? what doess it takes to perform it? what must i change? the knuckles? or the arm bar oso? i wonder if it can be done like fellow alfa romeos.. can e30 change knuckles aa? cheers mate..

Read on the US sites that there are 4-lug to 5-lug adapters made for old porche's, volks and mustangs. Wonder if they can be used for E30 also. Can't seem to find the site anymore.

Lekca... just a word of caution, handling will be compromised... trust me..best stick to 4 lugs..

First of all what is the reason for the 5 lug conversion??

1 reason for a 5 lug conversion...

you have 300+bhp and you need a big brake kit to stop your car...coz your standard brake wont, hence you need to get bigger rims

what you need for a 5 lug conversion...??

1. e36 front struts or e30 M3 front struts
2. Z3 rear subframe, e36 Ti rear subframe or e30 M3 subframe
3. 5 lug rims...
4. control arms
5. there are probably more thing to be change but i dont know...

if i am not mistaken....you would need to match the front shocks and spring to your current car's weight....get the correct offset rims and tyres and pay for all the labour cost....

Now ask yourself this...do you really think its worth all the money and effort ???

i bet you can do better things with that money...right?

skar19 said:
First of all what is the reason for the 5 lug conversion??

1 reason for a 5 lug conversion...

you have 300+bhp and you need a big brake kit to stop your car...coz your standard brake wont, hence you need to get bigger rims

what you need for a 5 lug conversion...??

1. e36 front struts or e30 M3 front struts
2. Z3 rear subframe, e36 Ti rear subframe or e30 M3 subframe
3. 5 lug rims...
4. control arms
5. there are probably more thing to be change but i dont know...

if i am not mistaken....you would need to match the front shocks and spring to your current car's weight....get the correct offset rims and tyres and pay for all the labour cost....

Now ask yourself this...do you really think its worth all the money and effort ???

i bet you can do better things with that money...right?

That is the answer................:cool:

greetings,

reason to change to 5 lugs? just want her to look more aggresive since there's a lot of choices in rims.. I couldn't find a suitable rims for her. Yes, there are a few models of rims available for e30. But as i wrote there, only a FEW. I don't need a huge bhp to convert my car into 5 lugs. I'm not driving fast, it's an old car dude. The point is to make the car look great. On the other hand, after reading all the articles provided by the sifus, (thanks sifus.. u guys r the best! ;p) it's quite true, there's too much money needed to be spend. Realizing that, now i will be needing to find a better and a suitable rims for her. Wish me luck!

Cheers,
Thanks bros...

lecka said:
greetings,

reason to change to 5 lugs? just want her to look more aggresive since there's a lot of choices in rims.. I couldn't find a suitable rims for her. Yes, there are a few models of rims available for e30. But as i wrote there, only a FEW. I don't need a huge bhp to convert my car into 5 lugs. I'm not driving fast, it's an old car dude. The point is to make the car look great. On the other hand, after reading all the articles provided by the sifus, (thanks sifus.. u guys r the best! ;p) it's quite true, there's too much money needed to be spend. Realizing that, now i will be needing to find a better and a suitable rims for her. Wish me luck!

Cheers,
Thanks bros...

Ya.............:D

finally some common sense... dun worry, we will look for you good rims..

Top Bottom