335i maintenance cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bo_Greene

Banned
Hey sifus and seniors,I've been shopping around for a 335i for the past 2 weeks now. The car feels excellent but my foremen from WP Auto is advising me not to buy this beast due to maintenance cost. I'd appreciate if the sifus here can offer me some advise here. Thanx

Got mine in sept and after a month t water pump kaput cost rm2,850 incl labour n towing but luckily still got warranty fr t dealer phewwwwwwwwwwwww

Hi Bailey,

Thanx for the info. The part replacement sounds expensive. I'm gonna have to wait for more info before deciding on the purchase. Thanx a lot again.

Bailey;692573 said:
Got mine in sept and after a month t water pump kaput cost rm2,850 incl labour n towing but luckily still got warranty fr t dealer phewwwwwwwwwwwww

water pump replacement cost RM2,850, is this "M" rate? same applies to 535?

There's also the issue of failing fuel pump HPFP which you have to consider but BMW have already issued a new improved design. it's a well documented problem. If you're buying an unregistered unit from NAZA or other big car dealers they do have a warranty program which can be extended up to 3 years.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/03/28/more-bmw-fuel-pump-news/

B33mEr;692756 said:
There's also the issue of failing fuel pump HPFP which you have to consider but BMW have already issued a new improved design. it's a well documented problem. If you're buying an unregistered unit from NAZA or other big car dealers they do have a warranty program which can be extended up to 3 years.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/03/28/more-bmw-fuel-pump-news/

Go for N55 instead of N54 to avoid the HPFP

EL118;692761 said:
Go for N55 instead of N54 to avoid the HPFP

Actually there's still reported failure of HPFP on the N55 models but not as high as on the N54 ... Still have to be wary about it.

Hi bo, i got my 335 in june dis yr. V r lucky becoz d e92 shares a lot of common parts with e90. Fyi i serviced my car over d weekend n d cost is as follows; Plugs x 6 rm330, atf rm520,atf oil sump with filter rm375,engine oil 10w-60 rm430, oil filter rm55, workmanship inc resetting n deleting fault codes n workmanship rm 280. I also replaced 4 new bilstein adjustable absorbers 4 approx 4.5k. N i pump shell racing, so no issues with hpfp n turbo. Dont use 95, d high compression n54 wont like it n 98 ron though expensive is worth d extra cost. D 335 is an amazing car, n u will enjoy d car 4 many years. Hpfp does not cost a lot 2 replace, but d turbos i read in another forum can last 100k km b4 they need replacement. This is a more expensive repair at betw 12 n 15k. 50 liters of petrol will cover close 2 400kms. Road tax is about 2k per annum. Tyres rear 275/30/19 cost approx rm1300 each. Front 245/35/19 approx rm900 each. Thats all i can think of. Gd luck in your hunt.

My turbos went kaput after 5months.. wastegate rattle got worse with time and was losing boost.Found that the wastegates were not sealing properly.At the time,no one could actually repair or refurb the wastegates.. now there is.
Have not had any other major probs thus far..

Supergripen, did u repair d wastegate whilst mantaining d old turbos, or did u repair both tutbos? I have a slight wastegate rattle in d mornings but it goes away after a couple of minutes. Just preparing myself 4 when it kaputs. Where can v repair d turbos locally? Did u ever consider putting bigger turbos? Thks in advance.

rx8;692954 said:
Supergripen, did u repair d wastegate whilst mantaining d old turbos, or did u repair both tutbos? I have a slight wastegate rattle in d mornings but it goes away after a couple of minutes. Just preparing myself 4 when it kaputs. Where can v repair d turbos locally? Did u ever consider putting bigger turbos? Thks in advance.

U can send it to Freddy@Obermaier.. he can get the wastegate/s refurbished.

Gone are the days of over-engineering. Now with all the technology ding-dongs and know-how, manufacturers are building parts and components up to a certain 'estimated' design threshold based on what the computers tell them.. But the problem is the computers 'live' in a virtual world... ;)

Just got my 335. SO far so good. Brought the 3 year warranty. Had my first service with Pro Auto. Superb and personalised service. Very happy so far. Tyres are expensive....so far nothing breaks....i guess we should not drive it too hard everyday. I used it for weekends or night drivings....not daily workhorse....

try open powerpoint, open the pic you want to resize, resize it and right click ----> save as pic. mayb it works hehe.. congrats on yer new ride. 335 is no regret of purchase

sacrifices must be made like higher maintenance, for performance in return? Petrol comsumption is suprisingly low.....better than my e30 328....

supergripen;694217 said:
U can send it to Freddy@Obermaier.. he can get the wastegate/s refurbished.

hi, still new wif the 335..wats a wastegate? sorry ya..

Top Bottom