325 sports vs re cond 525

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmwjunkie

Club Guest
Hi guysAm deliberating between the two now, should I go for a new 325 sports with all the fun factor thrown in, i-Drive, etc or get a re-cond 2 year 525 sports Japan specs? The 525 is cheaper by almost RM40K but some people have told me it's an expensive car to maintain (compared to the 3). One of the main reasons I considering the 5 is because of the space and comfort, but the maintenance and wear and tear scares me. I will use this as a daily car.... What would you guys go for and why? Cheers

An E90 over an E60 (cheaper to maintain), a 325i Sports over a 525i Sports (better drive), new over recond (less worry)...any day dude! How does more space and comfort compensate for those reasons? :D

There is no direct comparison between the 325i Sports vs the E60 525i as they are targeted at different type of customers. The E60 is no slouch in the driving department and definitely gives you more space. The E90 325i Sports is all about the driving experience and short of space. I am sure you know what is of more importance to you :)

Agree with Rookie that there is no direct comparison between E90 325i Sports and E60 525i. In fact you cannot do comparison between a 3 series and 5 series. Both offer different things.

In my opinion, if you want to buy E60, better go for a new one. Forget about those recond unit. Cannot afford a new one, then go for E90. It is still better than many cars on the road.

Its about a lorry vs bus, airplane vs ship, apple vs orange.. :D

Sport vs non-sport, Executive sedan vs Family sedan, small vs big, new vs old.. just because they have similar price.. :D

Most of the E60's sold as recond are older gen M54 (lower power and excitement) with the older gen gearbox (laggy shifts) which will not give you the same driving excitement as the E90 325i sports. But it is a whole lot of a car for the $$$$. You are right that maintenenace will be much higher on the E60. Personally, unless its a newer N52 based E60 I'd go for the E90 :)

The amount of electronics on both the E60 and E90 is scary esp when it fails. The E60 sounds like a good buy but prepare and pray that you have a good unit. If not better have a deep pocket for parts and repair. Even on my new E90 I had an airbag module failure. Luckily under warranty and it cost RM 7K. (Phew)

Good luck in your hunting, it's always the best when shopping for a new ride..... ;)

Exactly danc. If you can afford it, always buy these high-end luxury cars new and look after them well. Electronics have a finite lifespan and when they fail, you have no choice but to replace them. Many $$$ :(

Just curious, now that it's 2008 already, how much would AB sell their 2007 pre-reg 325 sports now? Shouldn't the price be lower since it's already considered last year's car?

Happy New Year guys

E46Fanatic;275121 said:
Most of the E60's sold as recond are older gen M54 (lower power and excitement) with the older gen gearbox (laggy shifts) which will not give you the same driving excitement as the E90 325i sports. But it is a whole lot of a car for the $$$$. You are right that maintenenace will be much higher on the E60. Personally, unless its a newer N52 based E60 I'd go for the E90 :)

Oh yeah. I agree!

Top Bottom