320 msport or 320d msport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Joshua Spidey

Club Guest
Recently looked att he 320d m-sport and loved the car, however seeking advise on wheter to go for this or the 320i msport. Any thoughts and ideas_

I would go for the 320d.

Only if you cant stand the diesel then go for the 320i.

3er;620850 said:
I would go for the 320d.

Only if you cant stand the diesel then go for the 320i.

Yeah agree looks like a no brainer at the moment especially with higher prices of petrol.

Combustion;620879 said:
Yeah agree looks like a no brainer at the moment especially with higher prices of petrol.

Absolutely. The 380nm of torque is very addictive. Having said that, it doesn't have the feel of an NA inline4 engine feel. When you rev it, it still wants to be rev'ed all the way to red line, not as satisfying as the inline 6, but still good enough. It's still silky smooth and can be fun too.

In short if you wanna smoke most cars all the way and don't mind the diesel clatter sound then the 320d is the choice. Anyway once you r in the car, you can't hear the diesel clatter. But if you drive to work everyday quite sedately and occasionally feel rev happy but can live with the 200NM of torque and enjoy the silky smooth revs and gear change, then the 320i is a good choice as well :)

You won't regret getting the D. I was initially wanting the i only but after a test drive just can't get enough with the 'diesel power'!! :D

Do a test drive and you decide! The difference is very obvious. Well, I went for performance...I got the diesel!

DieSel;621019 said:
Do a test drive and you decide! The difference is very obvious. Well, I went for performance...I got the diesel!

Yes, test drive and you will know the answer.

Go 320d if you consider performance, fuel consumption.

mikeyC;621001 said:
You won't regret getting the D. I was initially wanting the i only but after a test drive just can't get enough with the 'diesel power'!! :D

LOL, i buy the 'D' without even test drive the car...browse the web you will know how many good comment mentioned 320d is the best car to drive.

DieSel;621019 said:

Welcome back bro! You've been quiet for awhile!

You know the scene in Matrix where the cop tells Agent Smith - 'Don't worry sir, l've sent in 2 squadrons to capture the girl.' And Agent Smith cooly replies - 'Your men......are already dead......'...Well, if you get the 320i, we (the 320d boys) will say that to you too...."You, my friend with the 320i,.. are already dead...."

Seriously, dun u get tired of visiting petrol station every 3-4days in petrol? Diesel is the way to go especially the if you want performance and it is also economical. I nearly upgraded to 520d but then again, i already have F10 (523i). I would look stupid having two 5 series anyway

docrayboy;621355 said:
Welcome back bro! You've been quiet for awhile!

Thanks Doc! Missed all you diesel gurus. Should try to catch up for a TT soon.

Cheerz!

DJH;621479 said:
Seriously, dun u get tired of visiting petrol station every 3-4days in petrol? Diesel is the way to go especially the if you want performance and it is also economical. I nearly upgraded to 520d but then again, i already have F10 (523i). I would look stupid having two 5 series anyway
Seriously , dun u get tired of holding a dirty pump each time u refuel for your car ? most of the time i pump diesel for my Sorento at different stations also had this problem , all the diesel pump also dirty like hell , then go toilet wash hand but the smell still won't go off :banghead:

by the way , my 320i can last me for more than a week , and i drive it everyday , full tank can goes about 500km+ just after the "gong" sound :)
so i guess not that bad after all

AiRBooM;621787 said:
Seriously , dun u get tired of holding a dirty pump each time u refuel for your car ? most of the time i pump diesel for my Sorento at different stations also had this problem , all the diesel pump also dirty like hell , then go toilet wash hand but the smell still won't go off :banghead:

by the way , my 320i can last me for more than a week , and i drive it everyday , full tank can goes about 500km+ just after the "gong" sound :)
so i guess not that bad after all

It's a good trade off-smelling a little bit of dirty diesel but getting back a whole lot of fun in return-800km even when tekan to the max! Drive the car in aunty mode can reach 1000km! If you could replace the 320d with that same amount of money (261k MR for a brand new car), which brand new car comes close? Zilch! Overwhelmingly the best car for that amount of money in Malaysia today.

with the range of the 320D, i think it's possible to fuel up at your favourite station each time. So far, I've only used the one pump in TTDI...

Top Bottom