Originally posted by leakwoon@May 2 2006, 11:28 AM
avictar SAN

check the VIN bro

there is 320 6 potter year 2000 also

bring ur mech?? i think he can only run thru check using barehand skill

if possible get a "computer" diagnostic check n run throug the log

PJ n USJ got afew good workshops :)
bro's....

brought my bm mechanic along with me to view the car...later we went to a car tyre workshop and prop the car up to see its under carriage...

result:
- body check for 'potong'= ok
- engine = quiet sound (so far okay but very judgemental)
- rust = anti rust paint and anti rush under carriage still visible
- transmission =
(i) no leakage...was worried if there is any flywheel sealant leakage
(ii) changing of gears = smooth...
- bushing = ok
- suspension = ok
- warranty = one week for engine and transmission

so far so good

so, first thing once i get the car i will run full diagnostic test with AB...which AB i have no idea yet...have to identify any faults within one week.....

so bruders out there....i have tried to mitigate all the necessary risk short of going for full diagnostic (which i intend to do once i get the car)...

would this be good enuff for the bruders out there to give me the green light to purchase???????.....need opiinoin....

cheers all

good luck avictar..

any AB will do.. or outside mech for a GT1 test.. probably cost u ard rm150..

All da best.

1 week??

how cum should be 1 month bro

used car is 2 weeks la

but unreg must be 1 monht !!

ask for more ! n write in SnP

If the car is a parallel import, AB would not touch it, let alone give it a full diagnostic.

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Apr 28 2006, 08:58 AM
There are 2 variants of the E46 320i. Early batch 2001 and pre 2001 came with the M52TU 2.0 6 pot engine (double vanos) rated at ~150hp. When the M54's were released for the E46 range the E46 320i got the 2.2 ltr M54 with 170hp which was a nice healthy power and torque boost over the M52TU 2.0 6 pot unit.

The Valvy 2.0 4 banger has double vanos on the E46 was rated at 143hp if I remember right. The same unit in the E90 320i has been tuned to deliver 150hp instead now, matching the older 6 pot M52 E46 320i.
E46 320i got the 2.2 ltr M54 with 170hp which was a nice healthy power and torque boost over the M52TU 2.0 6 pot unit.
This is my enging :D

Originally posted by leakwoon@May 2 2006, 05:00 PM
1 week??

how cum should be 1 month bro

used car is 2 weeks la

but unreg must be 1 monht !!

ask for more ! n write in SnP
aHHH...paid my car booking fees for RM2K....told the dealer that before i sign anything that i want my mechanic to do a full diagnostic check...he agreed!!!...so this saturday, my mechanic will bring in the car, with the dealer, to stuttgart...if everything is ok...well so far so good...then i will only sign the papers...dun mind losing 50% of my deposit if th ecar sucks....

cheers all...

bro dun worri

ur booking fee is transferable also

i guess it is valid for 90 days

so pretty of time to find another unit just incase

:)

UPDATE

Hi all

M-technic mechanic will visit the dealer tommorrow in klang and do a full diagnostic test...all in the cost would be RM400....

got a call from the bank...they wanted to approve my loan at 3.5%...i told them get me lowerlah....so they are going to the HQ to get an approval...BTW, i have already incorporate to mod the interior to leather seats...that'll be RM2800...so masuk skali in my loan....hopefully after this, i need to change the rims...any ideas?...AC Type 2 seems nice...max 17'' only lah... :)

Hmmm, 3.5, a bit on the high side, and maybe your situation is different from mine.

I got my car 2 months ago, mine is a recon and they gave me 2.62.

Originally posted by daan@May 4 2006, 02:31 PM
Hmmm, 3.5, a bit on the high side, and maybe your situation is different from mine.

I got my car 2 months ago, mine is a recon and they gave me 2.62.
my loan is bit on the high side bro...max at 9 years somemore...so i'm stuck with this pre-nuptial marriage for the next 9 yearslah...hahaha..

cheers

bro avictor,

so which model are you getting? i guess which ever model you buying does not matter coz its a UDM. you are damn lucky man! some people e.g. like me :( been working my butt day-in day-out yet unable to get one! enjoy man. dont forget to take members like me for a spin. anyway enjoy the enchanting moment.... :D

Originally posted by leakwoon@May 5 2006, 11:20 AM
still undecided?

i tot oledi sent in for workshop diagnos?
hEY BRO

Firstly, i brought my own bimmer mechanic to inspect the body for 'chop chop', and the undercarriage of the car...(we manage to jack the car up at a tyre shop)

Today, another mechanic came with the diagnostic kit and check for error codes, mileage, etc.

Results
- Mileage: not tempered @49k
- Error codes:
- ABS error code history...not erased after rectified
- misfiring error code history....not erased after rectified

So basically, all the error codes have been reset....and hopefully these error codes will not appear again...

Next step
- Oil and filter change
- ATF Oil and filter change

Do you reckon i need to change the expansion tank and all of its hoses?

Cheers bro

Top Bottom