2010 323i paddle shift?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ckc87

HI all bro & sis,

Im newbie here.....

I planning to buy a used 2010 323i next year but i notice that some model that come with paddle shift whereas some model do not?

Why huh???

Thank thanks.

Hi , it comes as an optional purchase. Of course it doesnt come with the base model. However it can be retrofit and little coding will make it work.

Why you dont consider 320d or 325i ?

HI trentssh,

optional purchase? I thought it was pre-set?

I dont like diesel car because the engine a bit noisy.

From my understanding there are not much diff between 323 & 325 but only 325 get much HP right? ( the price as well)

Having tested both cars before I bought mine years ago. The following is purely my personal opinion and not meant to offend any 325i owners

323i. Much more comfortable. Slightly less power. Slightly inferior handling but still can take corner at higher than average speeds and can outhandle the majority of cars on the road. Reckon a good balance between ride, comfort, power. 80-85% the handling of the Msport with 200% more comfort. Paddle shift is standard on the 2011 model.

325i Msport. Quite uncomfortable if you ask me. Slightly more powerful. Handles supremely well. Very smooth at 200kmh. Skewed towards power and handling at the expense of comfort. 18" staggered that looks fantastic.

Same roadtax, almost the same price right now in the used car market. At the end of the day, depends on where in the comfort/power/handling continuum you are after. Can't go wrong with both to put a smile on your face.

it wasn't an option. if i am not mistaken only 2011 models have the paddle shift. I would personally go for the 325i or 320d m sport, price difference is not that big, but the amount of accessories you get with the m-sport is quite significant. i have to agree that the ride is quite harsh, but you can always downgrade the rims to 17 inch and also the suspension.

Thanks you all,

At least now i know only 2011 models have the paddle shift. (I guess the Mudah or carlist put the wrong info since they stated some model for the year 2010 also have paddle shift).

If Im lucky enough to find a very good condition car then no matter 323 or 325 is just fine to me....

There are dodgy car dealers everywhere, and mudah seems to have more of them than the rest.

Anyhow, you can't go wrong with both.

Beware of Mudah.

I have been surveying E92 for almost half a year through mudah. And made numerous flights from Penang to KL to view these cars advertised in Mudah.
And I can tell you based on my experience, the description from their ads varies a lot from the actual car. Most of all, mileage are tempered. Imagine a 55k mileage car with completely bold throttle and brake paddles. Doesn't add up, does it?

Some advertised as 2009/2010. But when i asked for the car registration docs, it's manufactured in 2008.

Heck, I finally found a super mint E92 from BMW's premium selection car. Car's next to new with genuine super low mileage. The stench of the new car is still there. Vr minimum wrinkles on the driver seat leather, 2 back seats seemed to be almost untouched. Paid slightly higher than market price, but I take it as buying peace of mind.

Just sharing my experience with all you nice fellows here. Because what we're buying costs hundreds of thousands and not a few bucks kuih muih.

Cheers to all.

i think the even 2010 model also got paddle shift. Seen a couple of 2010 323i in mudah with paddle shift. i think it was added in 2010 mid.

The best way to check the actual manufacturing year is by checking the grant or with the vin number (chassis number). You only need the last 7 digits.

BTW in my opinion, the paddle shift is not really worth it, unless the car is equipped with SMG or DCT.

Hi guys,

Newbie here. I also planning to get 2010 323i model next year. i have been looking around in oto.my and carlist. Any advice when inspecting the car?

To me paddle shift is not that important, i prefer the comfort.

Cheer is friday night!!

323i is a good choice.

Less stressed engine, less stressed driving, more comfy suspension.

The LCI E90 are quite reliable.

The usual checks.
Pull back the door seals to see signs of accident repair
Look at the paint from different angles to see if there is a slight change in colour compared to the other doors/panel. This can be a sign of accident repair
BMW Malaysia's has a really messed up service interval during the BSRI period. Sometime it says 20000 km, but some went as far as 25000km. This is the fastest way to kill an engine. Open the oil filler cap, shine a flashlight into it and check for sludge(Jelly). Run far far away if you see any. Best to buy a car from a buyer that services their car every 10000km regardless of whether its covered by BSRI or not.
Look for receipt that the gearbox oil has been changed. According to BMW Malaysia, it is maintenence free for the life of the car. Their idea of a car's lifetime is 100000 miles ( or thereabouts ), driven in Germany ( good weather, AutoBahn, much less traffic ). In Malaysia, it is completely opposite and an oil change is highly recommended at 40000-50000km interval.
Drive the car around and check for strange suspension sound. Malaysian roads are not too kind to our suspension arms and components. Slight sound can be tolerated but use this to negotiate some discounts to change the suspension arms/bushings.

Top Bottom